hypnosis

Options
I just got a living social coupon for hypnosis and I am getting desperate to help my BF quit smoking. Has anyone ever done this or have an opinion. Waste of money or great idea??

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people who were successful with it. Does he want to quit, though? If not, it won't work.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    As skeptical as I am, I actually do know a woman who hasn't eaten chocolate for like 10 years due to hypnosis (She thought it would make her lose weight; it didn't.). However, if your boyfriend doesn't want to quit smoking, it's unlikely that he'd go to the hypnotist...
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    He needs to really want to quit otherwise it won't work!
  • staci2468
    staci2468 Posts: 25
    Options
    He really wants to quit he talks about it everyday. He says its hard because he works outside and everyone he works with smokes and his job is stressful. So all those factors will still be there after the hypnosis thats why I'm not to sure
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I know a couple of people that had hypnotherapy for smoking and have been successful. It's worth a shot.
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My bf did that about 8 years ago b4 we were dating.
    He went in one day and never smoked again.
    No patch, gum, etc.
    He says it saved his life.
    A few packs a day to nothing.
    No withdrawals or cravings or anything.

Wish it would work for me for eating junk...
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I tried hypnosis when I was still smoking and it didn't work for me, but it really depends on each person. Some can quit successfully using it. But they have to want to quit.
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    I gave up my 8 cans of full fat coke via hypnosis. I do beleive YOU have to want to quit though