Annoying NSV

Options

Replies

• lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    None of my clothes fit and I'm too broke to go buy new ones. I've been renting dresses for all the weddings I've been going to, however, but work clothes are a challenge! Especially when I have to spend so much $ replacing basics like bras, underwear, tees, and tanks!
  • RachelVon
    RachelVon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Forgot one - my wedding ring is now 1 size too large, and...I can't wear it any more. But I still have weight to lose so won't get it resized till ultimate goal weight.

It sounds so suspicious explaining it. "Uh...no...see the thing is that when I got married I was fat, and now I'm thinner and trimmer and more buff, so...uh...my wedding ring doesn't fit any more."

Same for me! My ring likes to twist around my finger all day long!
  • awisegirl84
    awisegirl84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ok...what's NSV? I see it everywhere but I haven't been able to figure it out...
  • s_bell2012
    s_bell2012 Posts: 27
    Options
    Was in Florida on holiday last year and bought a load of clothes for my then weight. All designer, saved a fortune compared to UK prices but still spent a fair amount of cash. Now they are all too big for me and jeans completely fall off and look stupid with a belt on. Going to have to splash out here in UK and buy some new clothes and bin all the designer gear

Still plus side is that we are going back to Florida in two years time and by then I will be slim again and I'll buy a whole new wardrobe and this time I wont be restricted to size :-)
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I can deal with the clothes being bigger. Yay me!!! But like many others I am cold a lot. I was in a conference yesterday and the presenter commented on my wearing my hoodie and drinking coffee. I was cold. I don't go many places without my hoodie. I even complain about my own home being too cold. My family of course disagree. Got to love my husband he's upped the temp for me.
  • coachtruder
    coachtruder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Forgot one - my wedding ring is now 1 size too large, and...I can't wear it any more. But I still have weight to lose so won't get it resized till ultimate goal weight.

It sounds so suspicious explaining it. "Uh...no...see the thing is that when I got married I was fat, and now I'm thinner and trimmer and more buff, so...uh...my wedding ring doesn't fit any more."
    \

I have a job where I don't wear my ring to work and I don't want to leave something that expensive in my car (just in case it gets broken into). So I bought a cheap ring on Amazon that I put on once I get into my car and if it gets taken then I won't be that mad. Granted...I will be ticked that my car got broken into, but it won't be my actual wedding ring missing. :wink:
    Here is a link to the one I bought...it is actually really cute...just a band and it is roughed up so it is super sparkly. :happy: http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Sparkle-3-8mm-Band/dp/B0027J4N4G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339676749&sr=8-1&keywords=Stainless+Steel+Sparkle+3.8mm+Band+Ring+-+Women+(Size+6)
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I tick ALL these, onto my 3rd generation of clothes, and there all too big, need a full new wardrobe, including shoes, but I'm fighting it until July, my hands are continually cold, and I can put my wedding ring on my THUMB lol.

Weirdest NSV EVER, a colleague said to another colleague that I looked ill :laugh: made me laugh... BTW most people in my office were smaller than me last year, not any more.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    My most annoying NSV? Buying all new clothes every time I turn around because I'm losing weight so fast. It's annoying, but I've learned to love consignment stores. This is one thing I wouldn't mind going into debt for, if need be. And I have a spare bedroom full of clothes I need to sell on eBay! :happy:
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Shrinking out of my clothes (I've lost a total of about 30lbs including what you see here on MFP). Most of my causal clothes (jeans and t-shirts) still fit okay and my work out clothes are okay (stretchy waist and what not) but most of my work clothes and undergarments aren't fitting right anymore. It is really annoying to keep having to adjust runaway undies on the sly.

I want to wait as long as possible to buy new clothes because I know that I am in this for the long haul and I will shrink out of the new clothes as well. :) I have a feeling that I will have to at least go get some newer stuff soon to tide me over for awhile. I can't wait to start tossing/donating my old clothes that is going to feel really good!
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Clothes not fitting. I'm pleased they don't, but I'm on a student budget and can't afford new clothes... means i have to wear UK size 12-14 tops instead of 8-10, and old 34" waist jeans instead of 28"... It only bothers me that i know i look a mess and you can't see much of a difference if you are wearing really baggy clothes!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    LOL, Hope this isn't TMI, but I am having trouble finding properly fitting undies. Current size way to big in bum and waist and the next size down is still a little tight on the legs.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Shrinking out of my clothes (I've lost a total of about 30lbs including what you see here on MFP). Most of my causal clothes (jeans and t-shirts) still fit okay and my work out clothes are okay (stretchy waist and what not) but most of my work clothes and undergarments aren't fitting right anymore. It is really annoying to keep having to adjust runaway undies on the sly.

I want to wait as long as possible to buy new clothes because I know that I am in this for the long haul and I will shrink out of the new clothes as well. :) I have a feeling that I will have to at least go get some newer stuff soon to tide me over for awhile. I can't wait to start tossing/donating my old clothes that is going to feel really good!

LOL, you have the undie issue too! I don't know if you like dresses, but I find they work well as transitional clothing, b/c teh waite ans rearend don't hat to fit as perfectally.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this happening to other people, too, but it sounds really strange.

When I first started losing weight my fat went from being relatively smooth to jelly-like and cellulitic, so I felt better, could feel there was less fat, had smaller measurements, weighed less, but looked worse! haha. At least I know it gets better nearer to goal.
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi, wisegirl, NSV stands for non-scale victories... very important ones to keep you going ... took me a while to work it out after I joined at the very end of 2011!

A downside of all the bones I can now feel as the fatty layers on top of them start to go (and feeling them every now and then is a great motivator) is that all the wrinkles on my skin are showing... especially on my neck and hands. I may have been a wrinkly in age, but never was in looks, but alas, now it is showing!

As for the clothes I have suitcases full of ones I bought and grew out of, which I can now fit into again! So the only things I need to buy as I shrink are undies!

Negative though some of the NSVs are, enjoy the better health they are bringing!
  • scooterist
    scooterist Posts: 17
    Options
    Ok...what's NSV? I see it everywhere but I haven't been able to figure it out...

"Non scales victory"

Feelgood stuff like a loose watch strap, or a positive comment from a colleague.

The clothes thing is the big annoyance for me. Tried on and bought some 38" jeans a month ago. Couldn't stop smiling that I didn't need to breathe in to get them on. Now they look baggy already - I've tried on 36" in the changing room but didn't buy. Just smiled again LOL

People keep saying that I look ill because my clothes don't fit ("you look like a bag of *kitten* tied in the middle") but I'm not buying a whole new wardrobe until I hit target and maintain for a bit.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Having to buy new clothes. I'm swimming in my work clothes right now LOL
  • LittleLolita
    Options
    I am annoyed that I had to go buy new summer clothes cause all mine were too big, and now just 2 weeks later my new stuff is getting too big too! I mean, I am very happy about it, but it's annoying.

Also I am frustrated that I am between sizes, I am too small for the sizes I used to wear, but still a bit too big for the next size down. :grumble:
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    Being cold all the time. The more weight I lose the more sensitive I am to cold. It's driving me crazy!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I've always been cold-sensitive and haven't lost enough for it to have much effect yet, but I'm almost scared to lose any more because of this problem. I already wear jeans & sweatshirts indoors during the middle of summer. I have to change outfits completely anytime I want to go outside. And trying to spend a day wandering around downtown and then going to a movie is a problem to be solved. What's it gonna be like when I actually do reach my goal weight??? :noway:
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I learnt to sew as I started losing weight so i could aler clothes to fit - much needed
    but jeans - my poor little sewing machine can't cope and my favourite jeans that everyone said looked good don'y fit anymore
    :drinker: but :sad:

I do this too - what kind of machine do you have? If it's a better machine, you can buy needles that are designed for denim sewing. If your machine's motor is powerful enough, buy a denim needle and go at it. Check your owner's manual for the types of material that your machine can sew.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I look like a bum because all my clothes are loose and baggy. I'm going to have to buy a whole new wardrobe, including the expensive things like winter jackets! Happy to have lost the weight, but these kind of unforeseen costs are kind of annoying.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!