Quitting the Scale.....

Options
I have found, since Banks posted the "no weigh" challenge, that "quitting the scale" is more difficult than quitting smoking (I've not smoked since Feb. 20th and haven't cheated once!)! I also made the decision to not drink alcohol for at least a month, since having a discussion with some of you this weekend! BUT, do you think that I can give up the scale? :noway: Thought I could.....but I started to jones for it after only 2 days...I guess I can just be happy that weighing myself won't shorten my lifespan :tongue:

Replies

• bodibykelli
    bodibykelli Posts: 135
    Options
    I have found, since Banks posted the "no weigh" challenge, that "quitting the scale" is more difficult than quitting smoking (I've not smoked since Feb. 20th and haven't cheated once!)! I also made the decision to not drink alcohol for at least a month, since having a discussion with some of you this weekend! BUT, do you think that I can give up the scale? :noway: Thought I could.....but I started to jones for it after only 2 days...I guess I can just be happy that weighing myself won't shorten my lifespan :tongue:
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I totally hear you! I joined the "no weigh" challenge. I did well for the first week and then I cheated. And I feel bad about it. :embarassed: And my mind is playing little tricks on me just like when I quit smoking. It's like the scale is calling me from it's "hiding" place. Although I know where it is. I HID it. I'm not sure if I will continue or not. Good point about it not shortening your lifespan.
  • bodibykelli
    Options
    So your scale talks to you TOO!!!!! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone! :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, Kelli!

I weigh myself at night & first thing in the morning...and then do the measuring tape. :tongue:

I figure I ignored my weight for too long & now I want to make sure I don't fall back into that habit. :smile:
  • bodibykelli
    Options
    It just sucks when it goes up a little for no reason..LOGICALLY we know that it's water weight but it still puts a damper on the day!
  • kenzie
    kenzie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with my scale. It's hard not stepping on though, even if you know it's mostly water weight. *sigh*
  • MDnns
    MDnns Posts: 18
    Options
    I've taken the batteries out and thrown them away to stop weighing. Only to find myself at the store the next morning buying new batteries.

Maybe we should start a Scale Junkies Anonymous group.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I've taken the batteries out and thrown them away to stop weighing. Only to find myself at the store the next morning buying new batteries.

Maybe we should start a Scale Junkies Anonymous group.

I'm in! :bigsmile: