Needing Encouragement

Options
I am starting to feel really isolated and depressed. It's so weird, because for the last several weeks since I have started losing weight, I had been feeling much better. More energy, sleeping better, etc. But this week I feel uncomfortable. My joints and muscles hurt (and I haven't been doing anything super strenuous), I'm craving the things I can't have, and I don't really have any supportive people IRL.

I'm down 12 lbs, but I can't see a difference. Two people have noticed or said something like "you look thinner," but I can't see it and my clothes are not fitting any different.

We are going on vacation the last week of July (into the first week of August) and I was really hoping to have had a noticeable difference before vacation, and I just don't see it happening.

Not to mention I've been even more dedicated that usual since starting to feel "down" and I haven't been able to lose any more weight (I keep losing and regaining the same pound or two). I need to lose around 60-70 lbs, so stalling out at 12 is very discouraging.

I'm just not sure what to do. Not to mention I'm drinking as much water as I possibly can, and I am so bloated that it hurts sometimes. Could that be a TOM thing or am I doing something wrong?

I just need some encouragement, I guess. No one else in my family is motivated to lose weight, eating "diet" foods, or working out, so I feel like I'm constantly being tempted to cheat. And it's getting harder, not easier, like people said it would.

Replies

• Mariabellantoni
    Mariabellantoni Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have been trying to lose weight for a while and although I have lost 11lbs I dnt see a difference in the way my clothes fit, my family also isnt interested in losing weight or eating healthy. We can help support each other and get this weight off with team work we can try and shed as much weight as we can (healthy) so you can go on your trip and we can start to feel better in our clothes. With team work we can all be successful. feel free to add me :smile:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    So....here's my 2 cents:

Keep pushing yourself and keep working at it. No one noticed my weight loss until I hit the 20lb mark. After that, no one really ever said anything unless I was wearing new, smaller clothes.
    And keep in mind that a lot of people don't like to say anything about weight loss because there's the flip side of that coin: that you might think that they think that you needed to lose weight. People in general are careful about subjects like that because it can be so touchy.
    So, give it time. You only recently started and you've lost 12lbs! That's great. It takes some people on here a whole year to do that.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I just need some encouragement, I guess. No one else in my family is motivated to lose weight, eating "diet" foods, or working out, so I feel like I'm constantly being tempted to cheat. And it's getting harder, not easier, like people said it would.

Make friends on here who will support you. Do NOT give up just because you have no support from your family. Do this for you.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    If it's about that TOM, please don't step on the scale. I fluctuate by 5+ lb. during pms, and on any regular day, the difference between morning and evening weigh-in is 3-5 lb.

If someone else noticed, then it's noticeable! :-) Sometimes we don't see the changes because we see ourselves every day in the mirror, but people who don't see us that often pick up on the little shifts and changes. You've already lost 12lb. That is great! Think about the delicious and nutritious meals you can reward your wondrous body with, and the workout that makes you feel like you could take over the world. Do you really want to give up that feeling of accomplishment? :flowerforyou:
    Take this one day on, tackle it, master it, use it for all its worth. And let tomorrow worry about itself.