High fat Low Carb Foods

Options
Hi,
Currently carb cycling, at the moment im on 200g Protein, 200g Carb, 50fat on my workout days and 200protein, 50g Carb and 70g fat on off days. Was wondering if anyone can suggest some foods that are high in fat but low in carb. I find that on my off days i always have around 20g fat and around 10 carbs left. Its hard to find a little something something to fill the fat gaps without taking in a heap of carbs.
Cheers.

Replies

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks (or any kind of cheese) and nuts are good. So is peanut butter.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    bacon is a win win anytime
  • conwaytas
    conwaytas Posts: 5
    Options
    Ooo cheese sticks, thats a good one. Yeah I have been smashing cheese and peanut butter for awhile now, trying to find other foods that can help. Cheers for the reply bud.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Bacon! :laugh:

Also, eggs, nut butter (the kind without added sugars!), meats, etc. Check the labels on cream cheese … if you spread it on celery you'll save the carbs of using bread or crackers (same for nut butters). Maybe avocado, too, but I'd have to check on that.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Bacon cheeseburger, no bun. I like to eat that on a bed of lettuce. Delicious!
  • conwaytas
    Options
    oh man that sounds good (bacon cheese burger with no bun)
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Be wary of the nut butters- although high in fat most store bought are also sweetened which means they'll likely exceed your carb limit.

If you need to up your fat intake, make sure your carbs are mostly veggies and add in things like an avacado, buy tuna fish in oil (I hate it but it works to add some fat), use butter on the veggies, when you cook use olive or coconut oil, couple extra pieces of bacon in the AM, use whole eggs instead of whites... 20g of fat is pretty easy to add on with minor adjustments. Just keep an eye on the nutrition labels and try to avoid adding that fat with anything sweet.
  • conwaytas
    Options
    Be wary of the nut butters- although high in fat most store bought are also sweetened which means they'll likely exceed your carb limit.

If you need to up your fat intake, make sure your carbs are mostly veggies and add in things like an avacado, buy tuna fish in oil (I hate it but it works to add some fat), use butter on the veggies, when you cook use olive or coconut oil, couple extra pieces of bacon in the AM, use whole eggs instead of whites... 20g of fat is pretty easy to add on with minor adjustments. Just keep an eye on the nutrition labels and try to avoid adding that fat with anything sweet.

thanks heaps for this advice, i might have to go out and buy me some bacon!