Crunchy Wasabi Salmon with Lime

Options
shariguymon
shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
I just wanted to post this recipe that my daughter fixed for me last month and I fixed it for dinner last night. It's very beautiful,easy and delicious. I didn't know how to copy the picture, but here's the link to the recipe that shows it. www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Crunchy-Wasabi-Salmon-with-Lime-237322 I guess you have to copy and paste to get to it. Sorry I need to learn more about my computer.

Bon Appétit | March 2007

yield: Makes 4 servings
Wasabi peas are dried green peas that are covered in a spicy coating made from wasabi powder. They can be found at some supermarkets and natural foods stores, and at Asian markets. Serve this dish with a bowl of steamed jasmine rice.

Ingredients

* 3/4 cup wasabi peas (about 3 ounces)
* 4 (8-ounce) salmon fillets with skin (each about 1 inch to 1 1/4 inches thick)
* 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
* 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided

* 6 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1/2 large head)
* 1 (8-ounce) package trimmed sugar snap peas

* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* Lime wedges

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Blend wasabi peas in processor until ground but with some coarsely crushed pieces. Lightly oil rimmed baking sheet. Arrange salmon fillets, skin side down, on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle fish with salt. Press ground wasabi peas onto tops of salmon fillets to adhere, covering tops completely. Sprinkle grated lime peel over salmon; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Roast salmon just until opaque in center, about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and sugar snap peas; sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Transfer 1 salmon fillet to each of 4 plates. Drizzle with lime juice. Mound cabbage-snap pea mixture alongside. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.

The only variation that I made was adding a bit of the lime zest to the veggies.

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    bump

Oh. My. Goodness! This sounds amazing!!!!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • janessmi
    Options
    sounds good - save this for later
  • Kait_liiin
    Kait_liiin Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shariguymon
    Options
    How do you bump a post, or find a recipe someone mentions that must have been posted some time ago?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    droooooooool[/img]

237322.jpg

Bon Appétit | March 2007

yield: Makes 4 servings
    Wasabi peas are dried green peas that are covered in a spicy coating made from wasabi powder. They can be found at some supermarkets and natural foods stores, and at Asian markets. Serve this dish with a bowl of steamed jasmine rice.

Ingredients

* 3/4 cup wasabi peas (about 3 ounces)
    * 4 (8-ounce) salmon fillets with skin (each about 1 inch to 1 1/4 inches thick)
    * 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
    * 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided

* 6 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1/2 large head)
    * 1 (8-ounce) package trimmed sugar snap peas

* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    * Lime wedges

Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 400°F. Blend wasabi peas in processor until ground but with some coarsely crushed pieces. Lightly oil rimmed baking sheet. Arrange salmon fillets, skin side down, on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle fish with salt. Press ground wasabi peas onto tops of salmon fillets to adhere, covering tops completely. Sprinkle grated lime peel over salmon; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Roast salmon just until opaque in center, about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and sugar snap peas; sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Transfer 1 salmon fillet to each of 4 plates. Drizzle with lime juice. Mound cabbage-snap pea mixture alongside. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.

The only variation that I made was adding a bit of the lime zest to the veggies.
  • shariguymon
    Options
    Thanks for posting the recipe with the beautiful picture! I didn't know how to do it and I wanted to people to see how beautiful it is besides delicious:love::heart: :bigsmile: Thanks again!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the recipe with the beautiful picture! I didn't know how to do it and I wanted to people to see how beautiful it is besides delicious:love::heart: :bigsmile: Thanks again!

No problem, it looks so yummy!
  • shariguymon
    Options
    How many of you have tried this yet? I would love to get some feedback to see if others love it as much as I do! :love: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • shariguymon
    Options
    Some of my bumped posts disappeared off my top 25 before I copied the recipes. Need to pay more attention. Never did find out who tried this and how you liked it.
  • skdehen
    skdehen Posts: 24
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Rebecca__Lynn Posts: 114
    Options
    OH my gosh....yummmm, I'm all over this recipe..printing on my printer right this very sec!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • nikkicampbell
    nikkicampbell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a Wasabi Mayo that has less saturated fat than real mayo too. It is amazing for those who like wasabi. I wonder if a micro-dollop would taste good with this receipe. Anway, It has a good wasabi kick so you naturally use very very little... which is good because, well... it's still mayonnaise.
  • shariguymon
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a Wasabi Mayo that has less saturated fat than real mayo too. It is amazing for those who like wasabi. I wonder if a micro-dollop would taste good with this receipe. Anway, It has a good wasabi kick so you naturally use very very little... which is good because, well... it's still mayonnaise.

That's all well and good if you are looking for mayonaise, but this recipe just uses the dry Wasabi peas ground up......no mayonaise. It is really quite simple to prepare and is very tasty.

Thanks for your comment though, if there are people looking for Wasabi mayonaise, now they know where to find it.:happy:

Thanks,
    Shari