Eating when hungry

Options
I've had this issue all my life. I rarely allow myself to get hungry before snacking or eating a meal. I'm just starting to become conscious of this so I'm going to make the commitment to pay REALLY close attention for the next two weeks - hopefully to break this bad habit. Anyone else have a problem with this and want to join me for support?

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Unfortunately, I am a grazer so I am not often really hungry. When I get really hungry though, my blood sugars bottom out and it isn't pretty. Good luck! It's a great thing to be doing.
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too. I eat out of boredom - knowing I am not even hungry! Such a hard habit to break, but I am trying!! Made it through today so far...

:wink:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yes, I def have this problem! :angry: OR I get hungry WAY too fast :( It's really ahrd to overcome this and it has been a battle!
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    ooooh. a tough one for me too. it takes FOCUS and for me plenty of sleep and no stress. BUT it can be done...so hang in there!

Cindy
  • wattsam1
    Options
    When I am at work I never have a problem with snacking but when I get home all bets are off! One thing I read was that people eat chips out of boredom so when I look in the pantry at home and zero in on the chips, I remind myself that that means I'm bored and I try to go do something else. Since I started doing this, my house has never been cleaner!!
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    ooooh. a tough one for me too. it takes FOCUS and for me plenty of sleep and no stress. BUT it can be done...so hang in there!

Cindy

Lack of sleep always sets me off!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    When I am at work I never have a problem with snacking but when I get home all bets are off! One thing I read was that people eat chips out of boredom so when I look in the pantry at home and zero in on the chips, I remind myself that that means I'm bored and I try to go do something else. Since I started doing this, my house has never been cleaner!!

I can't remember the last time chips were in my house.
  • marissa4354
    Options
    yes.. my weakness too. I eat when I'm not hungry, and I don't know why!
  • wattsam1
    Options

I can't remember the last time chips were in my house.

They're not mine, they're my husbands...I swear!!
  • wattsam1
    Options
    yes.. my weakness too. I eat when I'm not hungry, and I don't know why!

I'm starting to think it's because I need a hobby, lol! I am trying to spend more time away from my kitchen...it dosen't help when your kitchen and living room open up to each other!!