Mom in VA

Options
Hi Everybody,

I've been perusing posts on the forums and everyone seems so supportive and that is encouraging. I am a SAHM who gained weight when I got married, then two pregnancies later, I'm 70 lbs overweight. How did this happen???

I'd love to make some friends who I can talk to during this battle of the bulge. I've been to a nutritionist and am trying a 1500 calorie balanced diet with exercise. After eating this way for two days, I think I've been in the 2500 calorie range for years. WOW!

--Karen

Replies

• gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I've been perusing posts on the forums and everyone seems so supportive and that is encouraging. I am a SAHM who gained weight when I got married, then two pregnancies later, I'm 70 lbs overweight. How did this happen???

I'd love to make some friends who I can talk to during this battle of the bulge. I've been to a nutritionist and am trying a 1500 calorie balanced diet with exercise. After eating this way for two days, I think I've been in the 2500 calorie range for years. WOW!

--Karen

Healthy eating is a beast. I could knock-out 2500 calories in a single sitting, if I wasn't careful. Until you start counting (which site is very good at supporting), you really do overlook how much you eat.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I live in VA also, I'll add you!!
  • cc7315
    cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome Karen! You found the right spot for support. Feel free to add me to your friends.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom, but I do live in Virginia! I'm in the Shenandoah Valley... where are you?

I'm about your age (40) and managed to meet my goal of losing 52 pounds! Since meeting my original goal back in February, I've been on maintenance but have somehow managed to lose another ten pounds.

You can do this!
  • TLPat
    TLPat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'll add you....I'm a mom in VA too!
  • krom862
    krom862 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    VA mom here too! Adding you :-)
  • whatusaid
    whatusaid Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom on the same mission...to lose that baby weight! Hope we can be friends :)
  • packergirl2007
    Options
    Hi!! I'm in VA too and i think it's great that your starting your journey to a healthier you! Feel free to add me if you need support!

Everyone is super nice and motivating. :)
  • pinkfoxglove
    Options
    I'm in the Shenandoah Valley too! Winchester.
  • Aleciajones
    Aleciajones Posts: 153
    Options
    Another mom in va here! Strasburg.
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    We say we are from VA, and we have a house there! It's actually in Northern VA, which I know some people don't count. :wink: Feel free to add me.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Yay! Other Shenandoah Valley folks! I'm south - close to Harrisonburg.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    were all in this together. . . i am new as well and it is shocking when you realize what you have been doing as opposed to what you should be doing. not only do we need to lessen our calorie intake from days past...we must make healthy choices too. . . but together we can do it, i promise.

welcome to mfp
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    Hi, I'm in MD, feel free to add me :)
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i am in NY but woudl love to support you in your efforts! you are in the right place!!!
  • lizy0726
    lizy0726 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm in VA too. Work in Tyson's Corner, live in Warrenton.
  • Alibobba
    Alibobba Posts: 31
    Options
    Yay! Other Shenandoah Valley folks! I'm south - close to Harrisonburg.

Yay!!! I'm no longer in VA, but I did my Middle/High School years in Waynesboro!
  • nsalerno90
    nsalerno90 Posts: 68
    Options
    Also new -- about 60 over target weight. The years of being home taking care of kids does do a number on us -- I am not sure why exactly but it seems a common thread. I just joined this site yesterday, after using Sparkpeople for awhile. I'd be happy to talk to you -- doing a similar program.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Good luck on your journey :happy:
  • krom862
    krom862 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Dipmom --- it counts --- I'm in Northern VA as well!