Just wanted to say Hi!

Options
I just turned 30 this year and decided that it's time for me to finaly reach the weight and health goals that I have been whining about for the last few years. I have two children and because I was lazy after having my second one I gained about 40 to 50 pounds (I've lost count). Now I am ready to change my life. This weight gain has affected my relationship with my children and my husband. I'm tired all of the time and addicted to food (unhealthy food). I started an account on here about a month ago and never even took a second look at until just three days ago. I feel like I'm fully commited this time and I might need support. I want to feel like myself again!

Replies

• JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You're story sounds just like mine! Minus the the age (I just turned 40) and the kids! :tongue: My point is that we share the same addiction and goals...to lose weight and be healthier! I am looking for the support and motivation to help me succeed too! Feel free to add me as a friend because together, we can do this!!

Jinny
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    Sounds familiar to a point :) I am 36 and quit smoking last August and over the winter...ugh...WEIGHT! Glad to see you are ready! It's a step in the right direction!!!
    Either of you...or anyone...feel free to add me for support or just to chat :)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    All it takes is being committed and having friends to help can make all the difference.

Feel free to add me, I log in usually several times a day! (That goes for anyone!)
  • onceagainigo
    Options
    Good for you. I am on my 2nd go after quitting to quit smoking. I found that the first time I lost weight on here, having loads of friends on here to encourage you made a massive difference :)
  • sarapumpkin
    Options
    43 and no kids to blame my weight gain on lol! Its hard at first, but every day it gets a little easier, I promise! anyone feel free to add me too.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, you're with friends, MFP is the best site I've ever used, I've been on here over 12 months, lost loads of weight and gained great friends as well as changed my habits & lifestyle, last year I never walked anywhere at all, thanks to MFP pals help I did my first 5K fun run last week.

Welcome & feel free to add me I'm no personal trainer but I have loads of drive and motivation....

My motto is

"Dieting is a change of life not a life sentence, don't punish yourself"

Good Luck

PEACE
  • aly_baba
    aly_baba Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was similar hit 30 and realised it’s been too long since I felt happy about my body and it was starting to affect my happiness and self-esteem. So I decided to take charge and change it. I'm not fully there but on the road to getting there. MFP and the people I’ve met here have helped me a lot on my journey so far. Feel free to add me we can help and support each other! :flowerforyou:
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I had a similar story with starting an account and not looking at it until 4 months later. Recently, I get on everyday and log EVERYTHING I eat and all activity. This site is absolutely amazing and so motivating. Feel free to add me! One more motivating friend sure can't hurt! :)
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I am addable :)
  • halfretird
    halfretird Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My story is about the same and I struggle everyday...the main thing is I hate excersizing but thats one of my missions and its getting better everyday...my highest is at 179 and as of this morning 157...if anyone needs encourgement or friend I'm here..