My success story! Get inspired!!!

Options
When I got pregnant in January 2011, I weighed 119 lbs and was in the best shape of my life. My husband and I had recently gotten married two months before, in November. We didn't waste any time working on extending our little family from 2 to 3. We were completely overjoyed when we found out we were pregnant on Valentine's Day 2011. Fast forward 9 months......I ended up gaining SIXTY pounds by the end of my pregnancy! On the day I gave birth, I weighed 179 pounds to be exact. After being home from the hospital a few weeks, I had naturally lost a little weight. But, there was still SO much work to be done. I was absolutely in LOVE with my amazing baby boy and being a mom was/is the best thing that has ever happened to me. But, anyone who has been through the post-pregnancy baby blues knows how down right depressing it can be to have "lost" your "before body" lol. I gave birth to my sweet baby boy on October 14, 2011 and, since I'm a school teacher, my maternity leave allowed me to stay home until after Christmas Break. When I returned to work at the beginning of January 2012, I was introduced to myfitnesspal by one of my fellow teacher besties. So....I set out on a mission to get healthy again for myself and my baby, to regain my self-confidence, and to give myself a morale boost!
I have now been logged in for over 110 days in a row! Lol! And have gone UNDER my goal weight of 119 (my before baby weight) and am sitting at a pretty 117 lbs! I no longer need to lose weight so I reset my goals with the help of myfitnesspal so that I am able to "maintain" my healthy weight and work on getting TONE for bikini season :). I feel a million times better these days and my baby has a happy, healthy mommy to show for it! He will turn 8 months old tomorrow and is perfect in every way! Thank you myfitnesspal for helping me through some of the most exhausting, yet extremely rewarding, months of my life!!!!!!

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! on your weight loss, on your baby boy, on your happiness :) quick question: how tall are you? do you have a small frame?
  • maemcneely
    maemcneely Posts: 16
    Options
    Yes, I have a small frame. I'm a little under 5'4 :).
  • maemcneely
    Options
    And congratulations on your weight loss as well!!
  • maemcneely
    Options
    So my BMI is around 20....healthy weight range.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Good job! That is very inspirational.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Great job :)
  • maemcneely
    Options
    Thanks!!:wink:
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    Great work, great planning, and great dedication!!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Inspirational.... You must be very proud of yourself. x
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Great! And thanks for posting! I see a lot of posts on here from new moms who want to lose baby fat- and you are a great inspiration for them!
  • tdyer10
    tdyer10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's Fantastic!!! U go hot momma!!!
  • maemcneely
    Options
    Thanks y'all! Another thing I've really loved about myfitnesspal is that you can really encourage your friends even if you aren't able to work out with them or even see them everyday! I'd love to "friend" you guys so we can help each other!:bigsmile:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! That's awesome! Congrats on your sweet baby boy too! He's a cutie pie!
  • maemcneely
    Options
    Thank you Jacki70! I see that you have the autism puzzle piece as your badge......my sweet brother is severly autistic. Love your saying "see the person, not the disability!"
  • Holmesashlee
    Options
    Love you girlie! And you look amazing. No one would no by looking at you that you had ever had a baby!! You are such an amazing woman with a beautiful and kind spirit and heart <3
  • maemcneely
    Options
    Love you girlie! And you look amazing. No one would no by looking at you that you had ever had a baby!! You are such an amazing woman with a beautiful and kind spirit and heart <3
  • maemcneely
    Options
    Thank you Ashlee, I love you!!!:heart:
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Congrats on this wonderful weight loss! Its always nice to see fellow mommies losing and having great success. My boy is almost 15 months. Good luck on maintaining and toning :)
  • maemcneely
    Options
    Congrats on this wonderful weight loss! Its always nice to see fellow mommies losing and having great success. My boy is almost 15 months. Good luck on maintaining and toning :)

Thank you!!!:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!