My body is totally weird.

Options
I'm totally obsessing over it ever since I put the picture up. I seem to carry my weight funny.

It's all out the front (and back :S) none seems to be on the side. The skin is smooth, it barely jiggles. It seems rather firm and sticks out more above my belly button than below. I kind of look pregnant.

I am size 20 Australian (18 UK, 16 US) and weigh 100 kg (220 lb). Sometimes I feel as big as a space station and sometimes I feel just a little chunky. Whats going on? Do you think it's normal? I can't see it from an unbiased position. Feel free to post you belly flabby bits to compare.

I have no butt, no waist...My pants keep falling down. I put my jeans on without even undoing the belt. I have to get larger size pants to fit my belly then they're loose around my thighs.

I know I am fat, and I am losing weight, just want some insight into my weird body .

(I apologise for in advance for grossing anyone out)

Replies

• Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    It's not that hideous is it?

The forum is moving fast ATM!
  • Krazy_Kat
    Options
    One more try at ressurecting from the walk of shame!
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Kat,
    What are you currently doing for your health and fitness? Any physical activities?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Every body is different. I am actually your opposite. I put mine all on the sides, and none on the front/back when I gain. I look wide as a house until I turn sideways.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Options
    Kat,
    What are you currently doing for your health and fitness? Any physical activities?

At moment I am counting calories, incorporating protien in everymeal with fruit, veg and salad everyday as well as good fats. I try to do a bit extra exercise but not good at that right now.

What I really want to know does my body look strange right now for my weight/size or just fat.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Options
    Every body is different. I am actually your opposite. I put mine all on the sides, and none on the front/back when I gain. I look wide as a house until I turn sideways.

So Maybe it's just the apple shape vs pear shape thing....

But it just seems strange to me. I even like soft squooshy tummies, I am a little envious of those. Mine is not squooshy at all.
  • teamfit2day
    Options
    Kat,

At moment I am counting calories, incorporating protien in everymeal with fruit, veg and salad everyday as well as good fats. I try to do a bit extra exercise but not good at that right now.

What I really want to know does my body look strange right now for my weight/size or just fat.

Dont get to mental about what your body looks like, some people carry weight in the belly, others in the legs, others in their hips. This is simply nature working and there is no definitive answer other than thats how your body reacts to weight gain or weight loss. How many calories per day are you eating?
  • Krazy_Kat
    Options
    I am hung up on what my body looks like after seeing the picture(it was supposed to be for motivation!). I'm kinda worried something's not exactely right. My mother and sister are all overweight like me put in on in the same spot, all about the same amount of overweight, but they both have a soft pudgy bit under the belly button and I have a firmish bit above my belly button.

I guess I could go in for a check up. Just to make sure.

i'm not asking for diet advice.... just freaking out over my belly!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You are a reverse triangle, like myself. I traditionally would carry all my weight up top & out front, have a small backside, and if I lost weight around my stomach, my trousers would fall down. I could never find a dress to fit me.

I started weight training & swimming earlier this year after losing about 70 lb and just doing cardio. I now have a defined waist, the belly has gone, the boobs are a more managable size and generally I look to be in proportion. I now own 6 dresses :bigsmile:
  • holdingsteady1120
    holdingsteady1120 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Your body is not weird. It's just you. I'm the same way. :smile: You say that your belly is firm and not squishy. This just means that some of the fat is underneath your muscle. Take your measurments and track your progress. Don't be too discouraged by your appearance. It's a starting point.
  • teamfit2day
    Options
    I am hung up on what my body looks like after seeing the picture(it was supposed to be for motivation!). I'm kinda worried something's not exactely right. My mother and sister are all overweight like me put in on in the same spot, all about the same amount of overweight, but they both have a soft pudgy bit under the belly button and I have a firmish bit above my belly button.

ya thats definitely best. We could sit here and talk science and physics all day but im no doctor so I cant ultimately tell you if this is nothing to worry about or something else going on. Hopefully you get good news fromy our doctor though and if you ever need any help, feel free to ask!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Ditto. I feel like I look so slim standing sideways, but facing front ways I look soooo wide. Got hips and thighs for days it seems!

You're just what's referred to as an "apple" shape. My mom and sister are built that way as well. My sister's weight is always fluctuating and her stomach is where it goes first.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Options
    You are a reverse triangle, like myself. I traditionally would carry all my weight up top & out front, have a small backside, and if I lost weight around my stomach, my trousers would fall down. I could never find a dress to fit me.

I started weight training & swimming earlier this year after losing about 70 lb and just doing cardio. I now have a defined waist, the belly has gone, the boobs are a more managable size and generally I look to be in proportion. I now own 6 dresses :bigsmile:

A reverse triangle!!! It's a thing? Yay!!!!! I am so glad it's a thing. And I am really Impressed with your story! Can I ask if things got saggy...that's what I am scared of.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Options

ya thats definitely best. We could sit here and talk science and physics all day but im no doctor so I cant ultimately tell you if this is nothing to worry about or something else going on. Hopefully you get good news fromy our doctor though and if you ever need any help, feel free to ask!

I would love some help in figuring out a lifting routine at home. (dumbells, because I have no space I live in a box). Like a book or website or something
  • Krazy_Kat
    Options

Ditto. I feel like I look so slim standing sideways, but facing front ways I look soooo wide. Got hips and thighs for days it seems!

You're just what's referred to as an "apple" shape. My mom and sister are built that way as well. My sister's weight is always fluctuating and her stomach is where it goes first.

We're our own worst critic I guess?
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

A reverse triangle!!! It's a thing? Yay!!!!! I am so glad it's a thing. And I am really Impressed with your story! Can I ask if things got saggy...that's what I am scared of.

A little, but things are starting to recover. Please bear in mid I was a UK size 22/24 when I started (now a 14) and am in my mid 40's. If you are younger and smaller, you should have less problems with sagging.
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Your body is not weird. It's just you. I'm the same way. :smile: You say that your belly is firm and not squishy. This just means that some of the fat is underneath your muscle. Take your measurments and track your progress. Don't be too discouraged by your appearance. It's a starting point.

I agree with above, seems like a classic "apple" shape that carries all the weight in the middle. Apples always have the best legs!

You also might be very bloated from carbohydrates or have some digestive problem that bloats you thus expanding your stomach. Check with your doctor.

You will find that once you start to loose weight you'll get more wobbly before it finally disappears.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Options

A little, but things are starting to recover. Please bear in mid I was a UK size 22/24 when I started (now a 14) and am in my mid 40's. If you are younger and smaller, you should have less problems with sagging.

I am a bit smaller (I think) and a bit younger. Sorry if it was a personal question. but your size loss is very inspiring to me
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You could totally be describing me when you describe yourself. I have a very large stomach - my legs and arms are not that bad. I have a hard time finding pants that fit because they are always tight around the abdomen but very loose in the thighs. And I have "two bellies" as it was described on the message board recently - I am much bigger above my belly button than I am below.

Did you ever see that Family Guy where Quaqmire keeps hitting on the woman because she looks really thin from the front and then she turns to the side and looks really fat? That's what I look like!

The good news for you is my tummy has gotten much "squishier" since I lost weight.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I carry all my weight in my belly too. But mine is squishy and as its getting smaller I see alot of lose skin, your like my cousin and when she loses weight her tummy looks great.
    I also have to pants problem. They fit on the belly and are loose on the legs and bum but I know my tummy will shrink as long as I keep losing.
    I think as you start to shrink you will be happy you wil get that tight tummy look every women try so hard to get.
    GL