Stuck.... :-(

Options
Hi all,
Just a quick question with a little background to help....

I was diagnosed with a hormonal balance back in January. My doctor put me on birth control, however I am always skeptical on it. I just do not like what it does to my body. Anyways, I tried it for a month and decided to stop it....although I know it could possiby help my problem. I did read on here about women taking cinnamon pills to aid with the hormonal imbalance. Not sure how well it works but I do take twice daily, My problem is, the scale is not budging. Although I know I should care more about how my clothes fit, I can't help but worry about the scale right now. I am very petite, only 5'0. Last year, I was around 108-110lbs. Now, I can't get below 117lbs. It is very frustrating/discouraging to say the least because I do try very hard. I understand that I am not overweight, but I do have goals for myself. I am not used to having difficulty losing it, just not sure where to go from here. If anyone could offer advice, or has any knowledge about hormonal imbalances and things that worked for them, I would appreciate anything. i will give a sample plan of what I eat on a daily basis. MyFitnessPal says I should be eating 1200 a day...I am usually right under/close to it depending on how I eat.

Breakfast
Plain oatmeal or 1 piece ezekiel bread and 1/2 c egg white

Lunch
Whole wheat wrap, turkey or grilled chicken breast
Chobani plain yogurt
Carrots

Dinner
Grilled chicken
vegetable
Brown rice (started to eliminate this recently)

Snack
granny smith apple
Sugar free jello with Lite cool whip

Replies

• kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I am severely hypothyroid. I have found that carbs from breads, potatoes, pastas, etc. don't do well with my body. I am always bloated with those and tend to hold onto my weight. I now get my carbs from fruits and veggies. Hope you find something that helps! :)
  • Jessica62988
    Options
    Thank you! I am trying to keep my carb intake to a minimum and will keep on eliminating it to see how my body reacts.
  • daniellet01
    Options
    Completely agree with kstrunk1: I too have extreme issues with my thyroid and hold on to weight horribly just from a piece of bread or a bite of rice! Every day is a struggle to not eat bread, pasta, rice or white potatoes but I am good with steel cut oats and sweet potatoes. Every day I try to give myself a little carb snack like a candy or a piece of sweet bread, crackers etc that is under 50 calories because that is the only way I stay sane!

Jessica, can you break down your working out for me if you work out? I think upping the ante there will really help out, especially as you are under the last 10lbs mark. Your eating is pretty great!