FAVORITE LUNCH AROUND 300 CALORIES?

Options

Replies

• lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like making my own burrito bowls: 1/3 cup of brown rice, 1/3 cup black beans, 1/3 cup of chicken or ground turkey, and 1 cup shredded lettuce plus a little shredded cheese (2 tbsp) and salsa. This lunch totaled out to 312 calories, and so much cheaper than eating out at Chipotle and Taco Cabana. ;)

I'll have to try this- Yummy!
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love my tuna sandwich:

Skotidakis Greek Yogurt - Jalapeno Yogurt Dip, 1 Table spoons 25 cal
    Onions - Raw, 1 slice, medium (1/8" thick) 6 cal
    Member's Mark (Sam's Club) - Premium Albacore Tuna In Water, 0.5 container (6 oz ea.) 90 cal
    Kirkland - Multi Grain Rounds #, 1 bun 100 cal
    TOTAL: 221cal
  • tig676
    tig676 Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorite would be a large bowl of salad "dressed" with red pepper hummus. As long as you watch how much hummus you're using (it doesn't take much to make a really creamy dressing when its mixing with the juice from your tomatoes and cucumbers, etc), you can have a GIANT salad, feel really full, and get good vegetables/protein without a large calorie count at all.

Another favorite is a baked sweet potato topped with spicy vegetable fajitas. Saute in a little olive oil onion, red pepper, yellow pepper, serrano and poblano peppers, zucchini, etc. Season with cumin and a little chipotle chili pepper and garlic powder. Add some diced tomato at the very end so it just softens. Bake your sweet potato in the microwave and pour the vegetable mix over the top. With a medium sweet potato and full cup of the veggie mixture you're only going to come in around 250 calories and its VERY filling. I add a fresh diced avocado on the side with a dash of salt for creaminess.
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like making my own burrito bowls: 1/3 cup of brown rice, 1/3 cup black beans, 1/3 cup of chicken or ground turkey, and 1 cup shredded lettuce plus a little shredded cheese (2 tbsp) and salsa. This lunch totaled out to 312 calories, and so much cheaper than eating out at Chipotle and Taco Cabana. ;)

I'll have to try this- Yummy!

I usually have 2 slices low cal break 70 cals for 2 slices
    2oz 98-99% FF chicken or turkey breast
    Sargento ultra thin cheese- 1 slice
    yellow mustard

then either BBQ pop chips (my fav!) OR Progresso light chicken noodle or chicken veh- whole can is about 140 cals
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I recently started making these great wraps for lunch.... Here is what I use, but you could use anything. The flat bread is great!

Generic - Romaine Lettuce Hearts, 1 leaves 3 calories
    Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average, 1 small whole (2-2/5" dia) 16 calories
    Great Value - Light Honey Dijon Dressing, 1 Tbsp 35 calories
    Oscar Mayer - Deli Fresh - Black Forest Ham, 6 slices 45 calories
    Flat Out Flatbread - Light Sundried Tomato, 1 flatbread 90 calories

Sargento - Pepper Jack Cheese Reduced Fat, 1 slice 60 calories

Total 189 calories (249 w/ the cheese :)
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & banana sandwich
  • curliefrii
    curliefrii Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump! lots of good ideas!!
  • YeahMe
    YeahMe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump - I need to keep this list for future lunches!
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have one of three things. A chicken salad, half of a chicken cheese quesadilla (I have the other half for dinner), or 2 turkey sausage egg white wake up wraps from dunkin donuts. The salad with croutons, cheese, grilled chicken, and 1.5 oz of fat free ranch dressing is only 285 calories/24 grams of protein. Half of a chicken cheese quesadilla with .5 oz of sour cream is 305 calories/21 grams of protein (double that when you have it for dinner). The wraps are exactly 300 calories/22 grams of protein. All the carbs are reasonably low too compared to the protein.
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Lean pockets have several tasty pockets under 300 cals. Mix in some carrots,peppers , or pretzels to help fill you up and lunch wont be boring anymore.
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I cook up chicken breasts ahead of time and I make a salad but I dip the chicken in hot sauce and a little bit of Parmesan cheese before putting it in the salad. This also refrains me from putting dressing on my salad. Buffalo chicken anything is great!
  • kapspecial
    kapspecial Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This was uber helpful, because I need to switch things up myself. Thanks.
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm really boring, I alternate between two basic lunches that are easy to make and pack for work.
    Lunch 1: chicken salad (3 oz. roast skinless chicken breast, shredded; 1/2 c. no-salt added canned peas, 1 tbs Ken's Lite Sweet Vidalia onion dressing); small apple
    Lunch 2: nonfat yogurt (typically Cascade Fresh all-natural, no-sugar added yogurt, 110 cal. per serving) mixed with 2 tbs Grape Nuts, sliced half banana & 1/4 c. raspberries or blackberries; baby carrots (approx. 10-15).
    I actually keep a quart baggie of Grape Nuts in my desk drawer at work, then bring in the yogurt and fruit separately each day and mix them up at my desk for lunch. I tend to be anemic and Grape Nuts are super-high in iron, so adding a few tablespoons is a good way for me to keep on track with both iron and fiber.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    New favorite as of yesterday:

1 cup plain, non fat Greek yogurt (about 140 calories)
    1 tsp Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder (5 calories)
    1 ounce chopped plain almonds (abut 170 calories)
    Sweetener to taste (I use Splenda)

As a chocolate lover, I give it two thumbs way up - like Rocky Road or a chocolate bar with milk. No almonds makes this a great snack.
    Sounds good! Totally going to try it! Thanks!
  • jvelasquez28
    jvelasquez28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • desireedare
    Options
    I sometimes make Garlic Shrimp and Avocado!

4 oz thawed shrimp
    2 cloves of fresh minced garlic
    3 oz white wine (i use pinot)
    1/2 avocado
    1/2 tbs olive oil

Cut the avocado into bite sized cubes and set aside on a dish or in your lunch container. sautee the shrimp in the olive oil in a pan with the wine and garlic until there's a little bit of liquid left in the pan. put the shrimp on the other side of the plate or in a separate container (so you can warm it up later without warming the avocado) and pour the remaining liquid/garlic on top. Eat each piece of shrimp with a bite of avocado. SOOOO simple and so good. literally takes about 10 minutes to prepare.

This sounds delicious! Going to have to try soon!

it's AMAZING
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    mmmm
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i love the idea of hummus dressing for salads
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    Thank you so much for THAT YUMMY recipe, I certainly will try it soon!
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    Thank you so much for the wonderful idea! Gives me something other than bread to eat a sandwich on!