Any of you guys watch The Dream Team special last night?

Options
ryanpayne4
ryanpayne4 Posts: 64 Member
I have been waiting for a month to watch it and was not disappointed. My wife and I watched it last night and it was awesome. I really enjoyed seeing all of that practice footage. I also enjoyed getting some of the backstories like Barkley being a fan favorite in Barcelona and Stockton getting off the bus with his family while they were stuck in traffic and just walking around blending in with the crowd not being recognized. I also didn't realize and can't fathom MJ playing 36 holes of golf everday with Coach Chuck and then playing games every night. I could go on and on and on about things but I'll ask you guys. Did ya watch it? Did yo enjoy it?

Replies

• SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If anyone has it recorded and is able to burn it onto a DVD....I would forever be indebted to you!

I was in basic training and then stayed in training and deployment during the time the first dream team was playing in those olympics.

So jealous of you Ryan! Now that was some basketball!
  • ryanpayne4
    Options
    That certainly was some basketball dude. I have it DVR'd but I dont have a way to burn it. I'm sure it'll be aired again. You mentioned basic training. What branch did you serve in? I"m asking because I'm waiting to leave for bmt with the Air Force.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    that was fantastic. here is link to it on youtube...not sure how long it will be up http://www.youtube.com/v/Yh6z7f8KN_I

That is without a doubt the greatest team ever in any sport for all time. we will never see that again.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    i love Barkley's line. "I don't know much about Angola, but I know one thing, they're in a lot of trouble."

and I love how Michael and Scottie shut down Kucoc and made it personal.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I missed it...but I heard it was tight!

I hope there is away I can still check it out.
  • brun73
    brun73 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If anyone has it recorded and is able to burn it onto a DVD....I would forever be indebted to you!

I was in basic training and then stayed in training and deployment during the time the first dream team was playing in those olympics.

I have it on my DVR and can burn it to a DVD just add me as a friend and send my your info!!
  • ryanpayne4
    Options
    i love Barkley's line. "I don't know much about Angola, but I know one thing, they're in a lot of trouble."

and I love how Michael and Scottie shut down Kucoc and made it personal.

Yea Barkley was/is hilarious man. The Dream Team rattled off like a 70-1 run during that game with Angola lol. And the MJ, Scottie, Kucoc thing was something I didn't know about before last night. I thought that was pretty awesome.By the time he joined them in Chicago they had a quite a history already! lol Bet there was some locker room ribbing going on constatnly with those guys lol.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    it was great! i enjoyed seeing those guys in their prime... & it's so funny how charles barkley would say anything that came to his head back then... just like he does now!
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    yes and it was off the hook.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    yes and it was off the hook.

your profile picture is off the hook!

Dag I want to eat my monitor!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I saw bits and pieces. Going to watch the full thing for sure!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    cant wait for the Olympics this summer. im glad we are actually trying to win the gold again. this is OUR game.
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am so sad I missed it. I have been trying to remember to watch it for weeks and then I was out too late. I am hoping it wil repeat a few times because I need to see it.
  • ryanpayne4
    Options
    I'm sure it'll replay several times. I also loved seing the footage and the background of the 1st ever game they Dream Team ever played together and how they struggled and lost to the college kids. Man how many studs were on that college team?! lol Grant Hill, Webber, Hurley, etc. That team was legit.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

I have it on my DVR and can burn it to a DVD just add me as a friend and send my your info!!

Brun73...I appreciate that! I may have to put on some old school Jordans and wear some spandex underneath my basketball shorts just I can go back in time!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    I'm sure it'll replay several times. I also loved seing the footage and the background of the 1st ever game they Dream Team ever played together and how they struggled and lost to the college kids. Man how many studs were on that college team?! lol Grant Hill, Webber, Hurley, etc. That team was legit.

i wish they had told us the score of the game the next day vs the college kids.
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Brought back memories. The college team that they practiced against coulda went over and done some damage as well.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Brought back memories. The college team that they practiced against coulda went over and done some damage as well.

they would have got teh silver.