General question...

Options
Do women retain water during their menstrual cycle or before?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    The menstrual cycle is the entire month, so I'd have to say "during".
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Seriously, for me the answer is both.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I tend to retain water just before I begin my period through the last day of menstruation.

Also, I don't weigh myself during this ten day window as it causes me too much grief about what may or may not be water weight. (since my assumption is that your general question is actually whether or not you will weigh heavier at certain times in your cycle.)
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I heard somewhere that you retain water more in the middle of your cycle not during menstruation
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I show my biggest weight loss of the month on the first or second day of my period.
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    I tend to retain water just before I begin my period through the last day of menstruation.

Also, I don't weigh myself during this ten day window as it causes me too much grief about what may or may not be water weight. (since my assumption is that your general question is actually whether or not you will weigh heavier at certain times in your cycle.)

This!!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    both imo!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    General Answer- Yes. Yes they do. Their body also burns more calories throughout the day (around 100-250) calories extra with menstruation.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    General Answer- Yes. Yes they do. Their body also burns more calories throughout the day (around 100-250) calories extra with menstruation.

I have always wondered about this...i feel like such hell I just KNEW i had to be burning extra cals!