jaw locking after boot camp

Options
I did a boot camp workout for the first time.. while there was no pain in my jaw it felt like it wanted to lock on me for about 5 seconds after the class and then it went away.. anyone else have this issue? Probably just clenching during the workout but just wondering if I am a weirdo lol :huh:

Replies

• BadCookieMonster
    Options
    Do you drink a good amount of water? I use to get restless leg and teeth grinding after hard workouts and found out that lack of water contributed to it. Not sure if that helps you much.
  • orchi51126
    orchi51126 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I thought I drank plenty but I will kick up the water tonight and see where that gets me :) thanks
  • BadCookieMonster
    Options
    I thought I drank plenty but I will kick up the water tonight and see where that gets me :) thanks

Best of luck to you!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Any chance you might be pregnant?
  • orchi51126
    Options
    maybe .. could that do it?????
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    maybe .. could that do it?????
    It's worth checking out, so that you can rule it out.

Blessings. :flowerforyou:
  • orchi51126
    Options
    do you know why that would cause it?
  • siriusalien
    siriusalien Posts: 207
    Options
    I did a boot camp workout for the first time.. while there was no pain in my jaw it felt like it wanted to lock on me for about 5 seconds after the class and then it went away.. anyone else have this issue? Probably just clenching during the workout but just wondering if I am a weirdo lol :huh:

So your informned: I am a maxio facial surgical assistant
    The jaw is made up of a complicated network of muscles. The jaw is actually mechnically manipulated by muscles that begin in your neck.
    I agree with staying super hydrated as dehydration is a contributing factor in any muscle spasm incident. Try to remember lips together teeth apart. TRY This- open jaw slightly, tilt head back(look at ceiling), hold a couple seconds ( you'll feel the myo-hyloid muscles under jaw and neck stretch) close jaw (NOT clench), return head to normal position. Be gentle... Feel better?
  • orchi51126
    Options
    it was weird.. it didnt hurt and only lasted a couple of seconds..
    I did try that stretch and if nothing else, stretches always feel good :)
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    do you know why that would cause it?
    My wife suggested it. I'm not terribly familiar with lady parts though.