Not enough carbs

Options
After reviewing my food diary I see that I don't get the required amount of carbs that MFP has set for me. Honestly, I always thought carbs were my problem! Does not having the amount MFP sets for me inhibit or help with weight loss?

Replies

• maxmama55
    maxmama55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Take in the RIGHT carbs-fruits, vegetables. Stay away from the processed kinds and I know I have to limit how much grain based carbs I take in. I stopped eating wheat after watching William Davis' video on You Tube about "Wheat Belly".
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I manually re-set my macro ratios because it was just way off to me. Mine is set at 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fats and I'm still under on carbs almost every day. I think MFP starts you at like 55% carbs or something, which for me, is just way too much. Stay away from processed carbs, and focus on fruits and veggies. Try re-setting your macros to something that works better for you (many people set it at 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fats). I think as long as you're eating plenty of fruits and veggies, you can't have too few carbs.
  • fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
    Thanks. I just changed mine to 40% carbs!