Any moms of pre-teens?

Options

Replies

• kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    That doesn't inspire me to have children at all.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Nope, none here.

Just kidding. I've got a 10 year old daughter in addition to my 16 year old son.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 year old and a 16 year old. There is no disrespect in our house...no eye rolling, no door slamming (unless you want to lose your door) no back talk.

I have set expectations...and they are followed. My daughters are in no way perfect...but I do think the "teenage years" is exaggerated because of TV.

My daughters have learned ...walk the walk..and you get rewarded...(special dinners, a new pair of clothing..ect)...you dont walk the walk...punishment (phones get removed, radios get removed, no tv...ect)

Best of luck to you
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have an 11 year old daughter (she'll be 12 next month). And I tell ya, the worries the kids have now days is NOTHING like the ones I had. I was still playing with barbies at that age. She's into texting and makeup. But I have to say, I am very lucky because my kids are pretty level-headed and are very well-behaved.

I also have a 9 year old son and 8 year old daughter....so I'm in for a long ride for the next 10 years of teen-hood. lol
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Not an official pre-teen, but an 8 (almost 9) year old daughter who is just as moody and dramatic as any teenager I have ever seen. Can't wait for puberty! NOT!
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My son is 12 (13 in September) and ugggg! I love him to death but there are days where I want to leave him on the side of the road (I would never do this!). My son tries to act all moody and I just look at him and go I know your not mad and your just acting ticked off and then I do something to make him laugh. I feel like it is an act in a lot of ways for attention.
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    Reading these posts makes me feel a bit better about my daughter who will be 11 this year. Just last night her 6 year old brother simply asked her a question.. and like usual.. she ignored him. So I asked her to quit being so rude. He asked her again.. and she again ignored him.. since it was near bedtime I asked her to go put her book she was reading in her room and get ready for bed. She refused and sat there.. finally she got up and went to her room, but didn't come out. I had to go get her and make her get her pajamas on and go brush her teeth. It was done with lots of stomping and I hate you's.. parenting is fun!!
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 12...I feel your...joy?!? I have threatend to remove her bedroom door if she slams it one more time (which I will do, she can have a curtain hung for privacy, that you can't slam)...

We did this a couple of years ago (our daughter is now almost 12) and left the door off for about 4 months. It really solved the door-slamming problem.

Glad to hear my kid isn't the only one who acts this way at times. Most of the time she is a lovely, sweet, funny, wonderful girl!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have a 24 year old daughter, so I KNOW how bad it can get! My 11 year old daughter is just as sweet as ever still, hoping to hold out as long as I can!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Okay this is creepy because you just described my life! I have an 11-year-old girl and an almost 6-year-old son. My daughter is still very loving but only when she gets what she wants. If I keep her from her friends for too long, she turns into a very evil little person. She used to be such a sweet little angel :(. I'm terrified to see what the next few years are going to look like! Thankfully I still have my son on my side...for now.
  • brteyes108
    Options
    I have an 11yr old daughter and 7 yr old boy. Luckily my daughter has not hit the I hate mom stage of puberty. She still likes to hold my hand when we walk and will not go to be unless I am there to kiss her good night and say her favorite prayer. I had a very minor teen phase with my mom, so I am hoping for the best. My boy is rough and tough but loves me to pieces and its great.
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My oldest is my daughter she is 9 ( 10 in september) and she can be really lovely, helpful and kind one minute then back chatting, moody, door slamming madam the next - i am so dreading the next few years!! If she's this bad now what chance do we have!! xx
  • Mbeaza
    Mbeaza Posts: 5
    Options
    It is crazy, but my 9 year old daughter acts like she is 16 ok maybe 30. I also have a son who just turned 13 and he is totally crazy he has been doing the talking back, eye rolling for awhile. They are difficult, but I LOVE them so much even if they are pains. I also have a 15 year old and he is not too bad. We just have to SURVIVE for these few years. LOL! Oh and BOYS are sooo MOODY!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Well, I am not a Mom but, I have an 11 year old Son and a 5 year old Daughter.
    The Boy has an attitude problem but all around he is a good boy. No door slamming yet but, EVERYTHING is an arguement or a discussion.
    My Daughter still thinks I am the greatest thing in the world.
    The saving grace for my Son is that he does really enjoy doing "guy" things with me.
    He drove my Bronco when he was 8 years old and he has been begging me to buy another 4X4.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    My daughter will be 10 in a little over a week. So far, she's still a sweetheart!
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My daughter will be 10 in a few months. She's been acting like a pre-teen since, oh, i don't know...7yrs old? That's when she perfected the eye roll and everything I said turned into "i hate you, you're the worst mom ever!!" And she refused to hold my hand walking thru parking lots and across busy streets.

But the apple doesn't fall far from the tree--and I am reminded this by my father all the time. I broke the door frame once by slamming the door--and opening and reslamming because it didn't slam hard enough the first time.

I'm in for some real fun. I'm just glad she still thinks boys are gross.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My oldest son will turn 9 in October. No attitude yet, but he's starting to get a mustache??!!! WTH??!!

OMG!! My son too, he has actual whiskers starting to sprout on his chin. I want to hug him and say, "where is my little boy?" LOL.
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm not alone lol. My son is now 13 and we used to be so close. My 15 year old told me to back off and give him a little space. I will try this and see. My 15 yo is and was a dream no drama involved. I really miss my little buddy hopefully we'll reconnect soon.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Single mom of a 12 year old .. who is very good at being 12. Some days he is so sweet and "my son" and others .. he is his fathers. lol.

Cute story .. my son is starting to get "hair" in places .. under his arms etc. He comes out to me one day and says .. uh mom, I think I have a problem .. I said whats wrong? He goes I have hair on my .. boy area .. what is wrong with me??? Desperately trying to not laugh, I explained why he has hair down there and he looks at me and exclaims .. IS THERE ANYWHERE ELSE I SHOULD EXPECT HAIR TO GROW????

It was so funny.
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My son is 12 (13 in September) and ugggg! I love him to death but there are days where I want to leave him on the side of the road (I would never do this!). My son tries to act all moody and I just look at him and go I know your not mad and your just acting ticked off and then I do something to make him laugh. I feel like it is an act in a lot of ways for attention.

I love your sense of humour :) I feel the same about my son. Love my son to pieces but he drives me nuts.