Last Chance Workout?

Options
I was wondering when the contestants on BL do their Last Chance Workout- the night before, that day? I just did a Last Chance Workout on and empty stomach, and I'm about to head out and weigh myself...will the scales even register the workout an hour or so after doing it, or will it take at least until tomorrow to have an effect on my weight? Merci! :smile:

Replies

• Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    hmmm... I dunno. I heard that your body holds on to water during/post workout. I plan on weighing myself tomorrow AM... just finished my "last chance workout" too. Good luck with the scale!!
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I think your muscles DO hold on to water after a workout...as well as maybe the rest of you...depends on what you've been doing maybe!

Cindy
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Well, you'll be super dehydrated after a workout (unless you've replenished the fluids by drinking something of course) so yeah, you'll weigh less. But that certainly doesn't mean you've burned that much fat.
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    I've weighed myself before and after on my Wii Fit, and usually show improvement after. Some of it just might be evaporated sweat, but everything helps!
  • marissa4354
    Options
    They say not to weigh yourself after a workout because your body retains water and your muscles are swollen, causing the scale to be inaccurate.
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    For me, after working out, I am definitely retaining water b/c my rings are all really tight and usually they are loose... It's not til a few hours later that I feel slimmed down
  • abaker360
    Options
    At the gym I go to, they weigh and measure before a workout.
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options
    i always weigh more right after a work out. i would wait until tomorrow to weigh in.
  • mystasia
    mystasia Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have always been told not to weight after working out, to do it first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom.
  • mystasia
    mystasia Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have always been told not to weight after working out, to do it first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom.
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have heard them mention several times during the "last chance workout" that they have a weigh-in in a few hours. But they also weigh them and don't tell them their weight and then weigh them again when we see them. That is how they know the order to weigh them in. Got that off of the Biggest Loser club site.