CAN'T GET BACK ON TRACK!!!

PROUDWIFENMOMMY
PROUDWIFENMOMMY Posts: 22
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
OKAY......SO I HAVE FALLEN OFF TRACK FOR A COUPLE MONTHS NOW!!! I WAS DOING REALLY GOOD...I EVEN FELT BETTER AND HAD ALOT MORE ENERGY!!!! I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET BACK ON TRACK.....I START THE DAY (BREAKFAST) OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT BUT BY LUNCH IM STARVING AND GO RIGHT BACK TO MY OLD HABBITS (FAST FOOD)!!!!:mad: :mad: SORRY TO SOUND SO GRUMPY....BUT I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO FOCUS...I HAVE A LOT OF HOLIDAY PARTIES COMING UP AND I DON'T WANT TO FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE AND SELF CONSCIENCE!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS.....MOTIVATION....ANYONE EVER FELT LIKE THIS????? ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A SIMPLE MENU I CAN FOLLOW FOR A DAY, JUST TO GET AN IDEA OF WHAT I SHOULD BE EATING!!! THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR LISTENING....IT FEELS GOOD TO HAVE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT YOU ARE GOING THRU......LOVE YOU GUYS:heart::heart: AND THANKS AGAIN FOR LETTING ME VENT:grumble:

Replies

• auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Pack your lunch the night before, then you'll have ready made fast food. Don't forget to include some fruit for dessert, like a couple apple slices. It's also good to have a usual lunch, that way you can fix it without wondering what you're going to have. That helps me anyway. If I deviate, I usually overeat during that time too. Good luck!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    You can view my diary and see if that gives you any ideas. I Usually have similar things every day. I would put in a morning snack if you can. That might help the hungries later. I agree, either pack your lunch and snacks the night before or get up 15 min earlier and pack it then...15 mins. vs. overeating.:tongue:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    go to self.com for sample menus based on calorie needs
    --like a 1200, 1400, and 1600 one.
    they also have recipes for the meals.

or if you can't find it online, go to the library and get the last few issues. the self "challenge" has lots of this kind of info.

good luck!
  • I usually pre-pack my lunch the night before, and it also helps to have a weekly planner - Oprah does that ... she plans all her meals a month in advance! Altho she has a PA to do it, you us folks, i think a daily would suffice :bigsmile:
  • It is a battle from within...at some point we have to figure out what is most important to us. And why we want to lose weight. It can't just be to wear nice clothes or to be like someone else, because we will never keep it off doing this method of weightloss. It is truly a spiritual battle, and all about how bad you want it...press through...it's worth it. Started at 240 down to 178.....and counting...
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Pack your lunch the night before, then you'll have ready made fast food. Don't forget to include some fruit for dessert, like a couple apple slices. It's also good to have a usual lunch, that way you can fix it without wondering what you're going to have. That helps me anyway. If I deviate, I usually overeat during that time too. Good luck!
    I totally AGREE!!! This WILL get you back on track!! Pack it and LOG before you leave. Make sure that it IS what you eat (don't deviate) and remember to throw in snacks that are counted too! Your back on track by just being here! Also after eating that "Planned Packed" lunch take a walk for 15 to 20 minutes, just a casual one where you can get some fresh air to rejuvinate you for the rest of the day! When you walk, walk where there is NO food places to tempt you! You can do this, we've ALL been there and this is what WE used to get us back on track !!! Best wishes to you!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    It is a battle from within...at some point we have to figure out what is most important to us. And why we want to lose weight. It can't just be to wear nice clothes or to be like someone else, because we will never keep it off doing this method of weightloss. It is truly a spiritual battle, and all about how bad you want it...press through...it's worth it. Started at 240 down to 178.....and counting...
    Good job Chenders, you are definitely an inspiration!!!!
  • I have fallen many times and got back on track. One of the best things do in addition to planning and packing your lunch is to find ways to fit in the food you love and balance your intake with exercise. I have found that Little Debbie 100 calorie cakes are perfect for my monthly chocolate craving - I get to satisy the craving and stay within limits - if I just have to have that McDonalds fries:huh: - it means 30 min walking on the treadmill - just balance it and you will be ok
  • valw97
    valw97 Posts: 80 Member
    I'm having the same kind of struggle. My problem is I'm not checking my calories before I eat the stuff. I agree, it's okay in moderation but if I don't check it out in advance (log my food on MFP) then I find myself in more trouble :grumble:

I'm also struggling finding the motivation to exercise. I have just felt really lazy the last few weeks. Usually if I change things up (new workout) that helps me get excited but I haven't found anything that peaks my interest.

Hope it gets better for you soon:smile:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Don't beat yourself up! We're all human! Just remember that this is a lifestyle change and something that big will take time! Of course, we're all here to support and help you with your journey to health. :flowerforyou:

Some things that help me:
    BREAKFAST:
    Eat a breakfast with A LOT of protein, it'll keep you full until lunch.
    i.e. Eggs, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Protein shake

LUNCH:
    DEFINITELY pack the night before or in the morning before heading out the door. Again, make sure to include a fair amount of lean protein. Salads are super easy to prepare. I put a hard boiled egg or avocado in mine for protein usually. Wraps can be your best friend! I usually make a low carb veggie wrap with hummus, avocado, cheddar cheese, spinach and tomato.

SNACK:
    Non-fat yogurt, ALMONDS! String cheese

DINNER:
    Browse allrecipes.com for quick and healthy dinners. Again, just incorporate lean proteins, some carbs and lots of veggies!

Hope this helps! Good luck! :smile:
  • :smile: :smile: :smile: THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR MOTIVATION AND TIPS!!! TODAY I ACTUALLY DID GREAT!!! THANK YOU:flowerforyou: THANK YOU:flowerforyou:
  • WOW, THANKS FOR THAT ADVICE!!!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.