Running Mom...

Options
Hello All!

I have been here since Sept 10 but am looking to add some more friends. I have some who have deactivated, some that are taking a time-out, and some that I just don't hear from. I login daily and try to comment or write to everyone at least a few times a week if not more often. I like to motivate and share ideas.

About me
>I am a RN in a pediatric ER and currently in Grad School to become a peds NP with a focus on adolescent mental health and weight management. As far as fitness, I run and strength train (New Rules of Lifting for Women). Family fitness is something that I also incorporate into my weekly schedule!!!

Looking forward to meeting some new pals!

Replies

• kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Add her...... she's awesome! Love this girl!
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options

you are so sweet my friend!!! The love is mutual! : )
  • jmax68
    jmax68 Posts: 11
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Running is becoming a passion for me...or maybe an addiction :)
  • babyw82010
    Options
    I have just started on here and would love to connect with other moms!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    FR sent. :smile:
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm on every day and comment also. I'm a mom of one and also work in health care, well home health care of seniors.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!

I just started running, and I am getting back into the weight lifting/strength training after a couple weeks off from suffering from Vertigo.
    I am doing the C25K..and I am on Week 3.
    I log every day...but sometimes get busy, and don't always have time to write to everybody (I have a LOT of friends on my list)..but I at least try.
    You can add me if you'd like.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Running Mom here too!

Running has changed my life!!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I do NROL4W too. I'll send you an invite. :)
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm a 'beginner runner'. I just finished the couch to 5k program and prior to that, hadn't ran probably since I was in high school. I have a good amount of weight to lose but I'm getting there.

I'm also an RN. I work in a rural hospital on a med-surg/pediatric/telemetry unit. I work two days a week and am home with our children (ages 2 and 4) during the rest of the week.

I love having friends that are in this for the long haul, feel free to add me :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    sent FR
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am an RN I work public health, I also teach at the local votech. I was running a few years ago EIB knocked the down from that unmotivated to start up again so I do other forms of exercise ( insanity is my current friend) I can run again about 1/2 mile...** My plan is to start NP school. This fall or next spring, trying to work up the motivation to get going. Focus on Womens health, primarily adolecents females and weight management.
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    Feel free to add me:) I'm a mom of 3 kids (and an angel). I just finished my first 10k race on Sunday and am training to do another one at the end of summer. I am also doing Body for Life to incorporate some weight training into my regime.

I don't have that many friends on MFP but am on here regularly.
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    I have also found a similar thing with a lot of my current contact list so i am looking for new friends. I am a mum and i have just started running . So add me
  • cmsullivan2
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Christine. i like your name . Runnung Mom, I just started running in March during a bootcamp sessions I did . . I'm almost up to 3 miles without stopping . Any tips? i work 40 hours , sometimes more and mom of a 14 year old and and 11 .5 year old. I lost 20+ plus pounds since March but I need to loose another 25 . I'm doing my fist 5K on 6/24/2012. IHow long does it take to to a 5K?
    Right now it takes me 30 minutes to do 3 miles.
  • rosiecotton24
    rosiecotton24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I apparently forgot to hit reply! :bigsmile:
    I sent you a friend request. I would like to get into running. I have thought about doing the c25k program, but just haven't yet. Seems like quite a few here have been successful with it. My oldest son ran track and cross country and that's when I first started thinking of running.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options

you are so sweet my friend!!! The love is mutual! : )

:flowerforyou: