Is it just heartburn??? TMI in this post..but I need help.

Options
So, for the past three months I have been getting heartburn, or what I believe to be heartburn, along with some serious bloating and gas. I'm tellin' ya, if cars could run on this type of gas, I could have filled at least a dozen tanks. I also have diarrhea, but this is not as consistent. Sometimes I just get it for a day, other times this heartburn goes on for days at a time. I'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on. I have not changed my diet much at all since this has started. I do have an allergy to latex and bananas, but I steer clear of both items. Honestly, I have thought about the possibility of being pregnant, but that seems ridiculous because I have an IUD and while I don't normally get a period, I do have some spotting here and there. However, when I was pregnant with my boys, I had a LOT of heartburn and gas LOL. So basically, I'm just trying to get others' input on this to see if anyone has any thoughts or has felt the same way...

Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Are you burping bile? Have any abdominal pain with the gas? Could be Gall Bladder... Are you eating more beans or vegetables like broccoli or brussel sprouts? They too can cause gas. You may just be starting to change and maybe can't handle some foods. I know if I eat too much beef, garlic or pepperoni, I'm gassy, have heartburn and sometimes diarrhea... Just some thoughts!
  • pam6870
    pam6870 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just had gall bladder surgery two weeks ago and had similar symptoms. The gas was unreal...in my back, chest, and stomach. I went to the dr and they checked my liver levels and they were up......sonogram on gall bladder showed that it was full of gall stones. You may want to get it checked out to make sure.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Check with your doctor, but it sounds like what I had years ago. It could be the gall bladder. Had the surgery with the long scar. So you know that was at least 20 years ago. :laugh: Went to the ER. I was full of gas, and to stay in hospital for on IV antibotics for 48 hours before the surgery. Please dont wait to see you doctor to see if it could be that. What sent me to the hospital was the pain that went up my back, thought I was having a heart attack
  • fairbanksmommy
    fairbanksmommy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of beans or broccoli, at least no more than I usually do. Honestly, some days my tummy looks as though I am pregnant lol. I'm pretty sure I am not though, but that is how bloated I get sometimes! I've never thought about Gall Bladder. That's an interesting idea! I thought about the possibility of being sensitive to some foods I eat, although it didn't make too much sense to me because I pretty much have the same diet I have for the past 6 months.
  • fairbanksmommy
    fairbanksmommy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Also, it seems to be like within an hour after eating is when it begins. For example, I got up late today because I'm always so darn tired...my job doesn't have me home from work until 12:30AM. So I got up at 10:45, and had a bowl of raisin bran with Silk light. Now I feel the gas bubbles in my tummy already starting.