Water is the key for me

Options
Had a rough last couple of days (sis' halloween birthday, Halloween candy, TOM) and was out of control. Had to force myself to do the little exercise I did do.

Today, started the day off vowing to drink lots of water today. When I do this, I find everything else kind of falls into place. I don't feel famished all the time, don't snack as much, and feel that I have enough control to make better choices.

Not sure if it is because I have refocused mentally which makes me more attentive or if it is the physiological act of drinking water. But I have found this is the key for me!

Replies

• hhca
    hhca Posts: 7
    Options
    It helps me as well. The first thing in the a.m. is a glass of water. Before & after exercise and with every meal. Also, if I get hungry & start looking for a snack -- take a glass of water first. Then if still hungry, get something to eat.

It is also important (obviously) to replenish muscles after workouts
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I have always been a water drinker and thought I was reaching close to 8 glasses a day. But once I started with MFP and really paying attention, I realized I was probably only drinking like 3 a day. :noway: When I drink 8 (sometimes 9) glasses a day, I just feel so much better. Lighter, cleaner, refreshed. And it really does fill up your stomach (I always thought that was B.S.) :smile:
  • Naokoheart
    Options
    I find ice water really filling
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking hot unsweetened teas (green tea, chamomile, peppermint, etc), and they have helped me even more than water (especially now that since it is getting colder out I have been finding it hard to drink ice water!)