Shamed via Facebook.

Options

Replies

• senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

I too had a rock-bottom photo.... it was taken at an event by a family member who mailed it to everyone who attended. I was mortified that I look like that!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Good luck! And I hope the next picture he shoots will make a great progressive comparison! :)
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • bluegrasschica
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your weight loss! =) You can do it
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    dude, i hear you. i had to get my license renewed last week.

i puked all over the DMV floor when that picture came through. i then proceeded to have an MFP hissy fit, delete my old account and start fresh.

of course i dont recommend that for you, but just thought id let you know you arent alone.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way when i saw my DL's pic when i got it renewed and then again when i saw a pic of me after my vacation...i was mortified!!

we are here to movtivate and support!!! welcome to the club!!
  • sonomawinesnob1
    Options
    I know exactly where you're coming from. In my photo, my beloved pooch is hiding my not-so-beloved pooch. :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    And now you have your "before" picture to post next to your "after"! Welcome to MFP, and best of luck to you reaching your goal! :flowerforyou:
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    yup - mine was a Facebook moment too. A photo of me at a family Chrimble party taken by one of my brother in laws. Since seeing it, I decided that enough was enough. I gained 46 lb after emigrating from the UK to the USA in the past 10 years. From end of Feb to now have lost 38lb! Welcome and go for it!!!
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey.
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    I think we all have that dreaded photo. You are certainly in the right place to make a change. Good luck to you, and feel free to add me for support :)
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yep it's those dreaded Facebook tagged photos. lol. My mom takes the WORST pictures ever, makes any cute person look like a troll. She will upload them and I have rolls and chins oh my gosh I want to faint.

It's a good kick in the butt, though. I want to print out one of those pictures and carry it with me, with one of me thin/curvy/fit/athletic and I can constantly tell myself which one did I like being?
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    yup.. nothing like a bad photo to slap you into reality.

i thought nothing of my weight and that i still looked good untill someone posted photos of me at a party .. yipes.

turning point for sure. i have untagged many a photo in the last two years!

welcome
    k
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I am a 37 year old guy based in the North West of England. My weight has been creeping up over the past 3 years or so. I was in good shape back then, but have let myself go to the point that at my heaviest, I am weighing just over 14 stone. I keep telling myself that I need to sort myself out, however not even the top button on my work trousers bursting a couple of weeks ago was enough to spur me into action.

Two nights ago though, I was in the pub with a friend of mine when he took a photo of me in the pub and uploaded it onto Facebook. I was mortified at how I looked and have vowed to make positive changes and downloaded this app.

Am hoping to lose around 2 stone (28 pounds) and also tone up.

something similar happened to me. I had been working out for almost 3 months, and my loss was slow until it stalled ( total of 7lbs lost). In mid-April a friend took a picture of me at her nephew's birthday party and posted it on FB. I wanted to cry when I saw it. That is when I decided I had to bite the bullet and change my ( already pretty good) diet. 5 weeks ago I cut my carbs down to a level that worked for me several years ago, and as of today I have lost an additional 10.4 pounds. Just a few days ago I was able to button and zip a skirt that I have NEVER been able to fit into, and I can see in pictures on my profile that there is a visable change in my body.
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation only 2 days ago. I had a picture taken of me and my 13 year old son at his school and i was horrified at how i looked. I cried all the way home and vowed to push myself even harder. Good luck to you!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Good luck! We can often be spurred on by a bad photo of ourselves.

You can do it...

Feel free to add me for support if you need to.

Lauren
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    For me it was my wedding photos. I cried for weeks after we got them, and I still don't like to look at them. I've been married for 7 years....

Now I weigh less and I'm in better shape than before I was married, AND I've had twins!

That photo is all you need. You can do this!!!

Welcome and cheers dear!
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Aw pictures are such an evil evil truth! You can tell yourself you look good but a photo will crush that quickly :(

I'm happy you're here! Please add me as a friend if you like :drinker:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have a photo from my highest weight (though I didn't step on a scale for an accurate amount and estimate it to be 425-450 lbs.) and my upper arm was twice the size of the face of the person sitting beside me. My skin was stretched so tightly that it had a shine to it like a balloon about to burst. That still wasn't enough motivation for me. Glad you caught this when you did and it affected you enough for you to take charge of your life. :)
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That happened to me once. A friend commented, "someones getting chunkie":mad: and that was it for me. I deleted her comment and untagged myself. At that point I was 160lbs:grumble: and I am know 131.6lbs and down to 22.95%:drinker: body fat. I'm down to a size 2/4 from a 12. I am now more focused on toning and bringing down my body fat %.

You've come to the right place! This place is great! Feel free to add me...anyone can add me...the more the merrier!

Best of luck on your journey!
    Sheila :flowerforyou:

side note: i'm 5'2"