Just starting

Options
I'm just starting on my fitness pal. I'm a late 30s woman, starting at 169 lbs, looking to lose about 20-25 pounds. I enjoy long walks, no, really, I do. I am new to Volkswalking, which involves 10k walks. Is that a long walk? And have found myself wandering to all kinds of odd corners of town that I wouldn't have walked to a year ago. I recently had a foot surgery, so I can walk better than ever now, and am looking forward to increasing my walking through the summer. Maybe getting into running, too, but I can't quite convince myself to do that.

If this sounds like a personals ad, it kind of is. I'd love to partner up with somebody as a weight loss buddy. Especially a serious buddy who is willing to pay more attention than a passing glance at my log. It's a commitment I'd be happy to share!

Replies

• Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me for support!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you like. Having friends is good for motivation and support :)
  • opeay
    opeay Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks!
  • tramoregirl
    tramoregirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

Feel free to add me too. I am the same. 169lbs looking to lose 25-30lbs if possible. I need all the motivation I can get :)
  • leahrochelle
    leahrochelle Posts: 218
    Options
    You can add me. I just started this today. So need friends. =)
  • IBetterShapeUp
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am on daily. :flowerforyou:
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday and I need all the help I can get!! :tongue:
  • hopeudans
    hopeudans Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me:smile:
  • kymberlyjt
    kymberlyjt Posts: 13
    Options
    add me if you like :) i do a lot of walking - not as a hobby just cos i have to but about 2 hours every day
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    walking is my MAIN form of exercise and with it ( and a change in my eating habits), I've reached my goal of shedding 50 pounds.
    Now I'm working on maintaining, and as soon as my SI joint heals up, I'll be adding some other types of exercise
    but mostly things I can do right @ home ( I am not the gym type)

Feel free to add me.

PS....I *sneak* in the walking without letting my body know ahead of time

I deliberately park my car FARRRRRRRRR AWAYYYYYYY and push the cart ALL THE WAY BACK INTO THE STORE
    (stuff like that)
    if my body finds out I'm planning to exercise, seriously........it rebels on me.
    This way it never sees it coming.
  • weefatone
    weefatone Posts: 8
    Options
    im just starting today too and would like friends :-)
  • opeay
    opeay Posts: 7
    Options

if my body finds out I'm planning to exercise, seriously........it rebels on me.
    This way it never sees it coming.

I love it! Thanks!