Got off track...and then got pregnant!!!

Options
Well...I was doing great for awhile and fell off track for awhile...gained my weight back and then found out that I am pregnant. (This is my second.) I am showing so much sooner with this one and I fear I am going to be huge when this pregnancy is all said and done. Though, at this point, I'm trying not to focus on the weight gain and just eat the foods that I need to stay healthy and keep my baby healthy...I have NO energy. I chase a 21 month old around everyday, but that can't really take place of exercise.

I just hope that I can really focus and get back on track after this child. I am due April 3rd, 2010...and my wedding is October 9, 2010....

AHHHH!!!!!!

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a new little one. Regardless of the timing they are always a blessing!!! Years from now you will barely remembe the timing.

It seems like you have the right idea. Eat healthy. As for for showing already that is very normal for a second pregnancy. No matter how hard we try we can never completely recover the pre-pregnancy body. It has been stretched and now will give with greater ease. Even your uterus will stretch easier it has nothing to do with "fat". The up side of that is that your cervix and everything will stretch easier during labor! Yay for shorter labors!!:laugh:

Enjoy this special time and take very good care of yourself. Not by indulging, but by being the healthiest you that you can be... for yourself, your 21 month old and your pre-born sweety!!
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    well congratulations on the little one - alot of women show sooner with the 2nd or 3rd etc. Don't let that defeat you - you can still stay healthy while pregnant and exercise (with your OBGYN's OK) do things such as walking stretching , pregnancy yoga etc.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,662 Member
    Options
    Well...I was doing great for awhile and fell off track for awhile...gained my weight back and then found out that I am pregnant.
    This is a great motivation for me not to fall off track! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, congrats on the baby. I've had two myself, but my most recent "baby" is turning 15 this April, so I definitely am done! You have the right idea about focusing on what's healthy for you and your baby. That is the most important thing, for sure.

Best wishes to you.
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    First Congrats on the new baby bump.

I completely feel your concern. I had my first child in 1995 and it took me a year to go back to my pre preg wt. And then I had my second child in 2004 I was so lucky with that one I left the hospital in my pre preg jeans and that was crazy considering he was 10 lbs 5 oz at birth. Then I had my 3rd in 2007 and I had 50lbs to loose. It was hard it was not coming off and I was getting frustrated. Now the baby turned 6 months I thought I was coming down with the flu and nope I was pregnant again. So my fourth child was born 2008 in fact he just turned a year two weeks ago and I have 100lbs to loose.

I am going crazy but I think you are doing the right thing eating right and even with the kids being close they will still be a little over 2 yrs apart.

But I completely understand your fear with your wt. Just remember don't go on anyone else's experience because everyone is different. And yes you may gain some unwanted wt but you will be bringing in to this world life the most important part of the whole story and it will all be worth it.

So congrats to you and your growing family.