A bacon sundae?? REALLY??

Options

Replies

• WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I just read an article about one of Burger King's new menu items that is due to be released tomorrow. It's a BACON sundae that has 510 calories, 18 grams of fat, and 61 grams of sugar.

Now, I know there's a lot of debate on fast food restaurants and how their food is "making people fat". I totally agree that if you choose to eat that food (as I've done several times in the past) that it will eventually make you fat.

I'm of two minds about this. On one hand, I believe that everyone has to be held accountable for their own actions. No one is forcing people to eat at Burger King or any other restaurant, so I don't agree with people who sue these places for "making them fat"

On the other hand, it shocks me that food products that are obviously bad for you and that will eventually lead to several health problems (and even death if eaten regularly) are not more closely regulated and do not come with "warning lables" or something similar like cigarette packages do. I think that if people were more aware of the potential dangers of eating these foods, they would think twice about it.

What's your opinion?

If you need a warning label that eating copious amounts of shít is bad for you, it's called Darwinism...

Seriously people, get over it.

Thank you!!! THIS!!!!
  • MikeJJuliano
    Options
    To say that things like this should have a "warning label" is absolutely ridiculous. The name "Bacon Sundae" IS a warning label. If you hear those words and the words "healthy" or "good for me" pop into your head, please check yourself into the nearest asylum.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Seems pretty ****ing gross if you ask me but hey if you have that many calories left over for the day have at it.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    To say that things like this should have a "warning label" is absolutely ridiculous. The name "Bacon Sundae" IS a warning label. If you hear those words and the words "healthy" or "good for me" pop into your head, please check yourself into the nearest asylum.

I wouldn't say an asylum would be necessary, maybe a dictionary... ?
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Regarding warning labels. I think they should be removed from every product in the world no matter how lethal it is... Instant solution to both the overpopulation AND the stupidity epidemics right there.
  • jminette
    jminette Posts: 81
    Options
    I feel like it has been made pretty clear in society that the food is awful for you. The nutrition facts can also easily be found, whether
    Looking them up or asking in the restaurant.
    It is the choice of the people now that the education about fast food has risen.

Besides, how can you ever feel like things like bacon sundaes won't make you fat??
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone knows, a HOSTESS JUMBO HONEY BUN still has more calories than that Bacon Sundae at a WHOPPING 550 calories!!! lol my (skinny) boyfriend ate one last night.. and I was pretty shocked to discover that! haha stay away!

A pint of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (heck, just about any offering from B&J) will cost you twice that.

I don't get the big hairy deal - they've offered a "double brownie sundae" for years that has more calories than their bacon one ever will. Their base ice cream sundae is 440 calories, so they added 60 calories of bacon (which is about right for one slice).

If you want to get mad, get mad about the sundae shake being offered as a 22 ounce beast that weighs in at 960 calories. Or the fact that the large french fries have as many calories as this new bacon sundae.

When you scarf down a 200 calorie Coke and a 500 calorie fries and a 760 calorie double whopper with cheese, which do you choose, the 960 calorie sundae shake or the 500 calorie bacon sundae?

Choose wisely.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Are you asking if we rather get bacon and sugar that we choose to spend our own money on, or stupid policies by idiots that want to control our lives and attempt do so with our money against our will? Really?

Edit: I can't wait to try one!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Besides, how can you ever feel like things like bacon sundaes won't make you fat??
    Bacon sundaes will not make one fat. An excess of calories will.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

Because responsible people enjoy them occasionally and in moderation.
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'd be more concerned about the high fructose corn syrup thats going to go in it, or the 100s of other chemicals they put into it..

however..

ice cream.. gooooood.
    bacon.. gooooood..

together.. heaven!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    can I get extra bacon?
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You think its too much to ask them to put a small french fry in it?

French fries = awesome
    Ice Cream = awesome
    French fries dipped in ice cream = more awesome

Bacon + Ice Cream + small french fries????? my mind was literally just blown
  • ms_sparky
    ms_sparky Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! I won't be eating it because I know it wouldn't be good for me personally.
    That being said, I'm glad it's MY decision to make. :wink: Life is about choices. Yay!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, that sound you hear is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse saddling his horse.

However, in no way do I believe the solution to this to be US governmental regulation/intervention. Their meddling has already had a significant role in the current health of the population already.
  • indiedoll
    indiedoll Posts: 31
    Options
    Haha Denny's used to have a maple bacon sundae and for the limited time it was there my best friend and I would go at least once a week to get them. They were delicious. Honestly, if it came back I would still try to work it into my calories probably once a week or so. I love the concept, although I don't want it from BK because I know it won't be as delicious.

BTW - maple bacon sundae = vanilla ice cream, syrup, and bacon.
  • Astro_ferret
    Astro_ferret Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As someone who believes any person that doesn't want to live has every right to end their own life if thats what they want to do, I think warning labels on food is a bit silly. People know bacon and icecream are bad for them. If they want to eat it, let them eat it.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Haha Denny's used to have a maple bacon sundae and for the limited time it was there my best friend and I would go at least once a week to get them. They were delicious. Honestly, if it came back I would still try to work it into my calories probably once a week or so. I love the concept, although I don't want it from BK because I know it won't be as delicious.

BTW - maple bacon sundae = vanilla ice cream, syrup, and bacon.

Just a friendly reminder...

There are other health considerations besides just total calories.
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm with the "Hand me a spooners out there!"

And where I live there is a restaurant called "Bacon & Butter"

It just opened and yes, I will be eatting there this weekend. (After a looooong run!)

But you don't have to if you don't want to. That's all there is to it.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    As someone who believes any person that doesn't want to live has every right to end their own life if thats what they want to do, I think warning labels on food is a bit silly. People know bacon and icecream are bad for them. If they want to eat it, let them eat it.

I would argue that bacon is not necessarily bad for people. Now the type of bacon BK is likely going to use is probably far from ideal, but there are still far worse foods a person could eat besides bacon...for example, the stuff that BK passes off as "ice cream". =P