Being your own worst enemy.

Options
Anybody else ever feel like they can't sometimes help themselves?

Its like "i know i shouldn't do this,i don't want to eat this but i know i'm going to"

followed by feelings of disappointment in yourself.

I ate over my calories today, by about 400. I tried to stay busy and not eat 'just for fun' because i was a bit bored (its my day off)
but i knew i couldn't stop myself.

It would help me to know that others have experienced similar feelings.

Replies

• kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I have always said to people you are your worst enemy when it comes to weight loss and I was told "no your wrong" and other excuses. Thank you for clarifying that I am right. You can do it, just listen to others who have EXPERIENCED advice who can help you lose those lbs and keep them off as well as staying at your calorie goal
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Sometimes yes. Like I will eat my usual meals and go do my regular work out routine and sometimes I will think to myself "I'll only do half today" or "If I go over my calories its OK, today will be my cheat day" and etc. So far I've stuck with what I had planned but its hard when my laziness kicks in. Food wise I have a strong will power though.
  • squirrleydoodle
    squirrleydoodle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ugggg I've done this a few times in the last month! I always have a little battle of wills in my head before and then just gave in and did what I wanted. I tried to not go too crazy and even promised myself i'd throw in a little extra exercise (which i have done..once) but sometimes that pizza is just toooo yummy to resist!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I definitely have days like that and it's really hard to forgive myself when I do. But I think it's really important to let the bad days go. Learn from them and avoid your trigger foods, but forgive yourself and move on.
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I feel that way often. Its difficult to stay focused. But don't get to upset about 1 day. Just don't make a habit out of it.
    My problem has been the holidays and other social events going on. It is so hard to say on track. Or you think you did ok until you log your food. :/ And to make matters worse my partener can eat anything and not gain weight. Makes it hard to be good when we are together.

Again don't get to upset about 1 day. Learn from it. The urges will be there and you are strong enough to fight it!
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I do that. I comfort eat a lot knowing I'm going to regret it and put myself down over it. It's a bit self destructive but instead of thinking i'm going to make a start next week or tomorrow, you can say (if you let urself down in the morning) i'll be good this afternoon, or the following day if its late into the afternoon.

I want to turn over a new leaf and prove I can do this. I'm sick of getting so far and then falling back into old habits.

If you need another friend feel free to add me.
  • kristalael
    kristalael Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I will be the first to admit that I am my own worst enemy! If there's something I really want to eat but know I shouldn't, I will indulge and then tell myself I'll deal with it tomorrow. Then when tomorrow comes, I am so upset with myself for my actions yesterday. But the past is the past and we can't go back and change the choices we've already made so we just have to tell ourselves we'll do better next time and actually FOLLOW THROUGH! :smile:
  • nreamon
    nreamon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I will be the first to admit that I am my own worst enemy! If there's something I really want to eat but know I shouldn't, I will indulge and then tell myself I'll deal with it tomorrow. Then when tomorrow comes, I am so upset with myself for my actions yesterday. But the past is the past and we can't go back and change the choices we've already made so we just have to tell ourselves we'll do better next time and actually FOLLOW THROUGH! :smile:

I do this too!!! Add me, we can help eachother LOL
    And then Im very hard on myself after I do this (often)
  • jbates8
    jbates8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i do feel better, to know i'm not the only one. :smile:
    My food triggers are carbs, bread especially and at 100 cals a slice it adds up fast. But i've just been down stairs and throw that bread away!
    Tomorrow is another day...in fact my first day with a personal trainer :happy:
    So hopefully days like this will become rarer.