Tired of being skinny

Options
My personal progression since October 2010. Granted the first 5-6 months I literally did nothing at all right..over the past few months now i've discovered what works well for my individual body type after plenty of trial and error. Weight loss/gain is possible for anybody with the correct amount of deteremination, knowledge and perseverance.

(Pic on profile)

Replies

• monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    You are beefing up quite nicely!! Good job :)
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I couldn't hardly gain a pound until I was in my lower 20s. I look back at photos of me weighing 185 lbs after high school and cringe. I was so lanky then and I joke that my Adam's apple was bigger than my biceps. I think part of this is age/metabolism and the rest is just the knowledge that you have to consistently eat good calories. I remember eating several double Whoppers, tubs of cake icing, and downing 2 liter bottles of Dr. Pepper without gaining a pound. Looking back at it honestly I think I was also skipping regular meals during those times then so I was probably starved by the time I finally sat down to eat something.

Make sure and develop good habits because eventually you'll be working on cutting fat and you'll have those good nutrition habits to fall back on. Keep consistently hitting the gym and properly fueling your body throughout the day and you'll make great progress. Your current progress photo shows some good results. Just keep it up.
  • james6191
    james6191 Posts: 3
    Options
    I couldn't hardly gain a pound until I was in my lower 20s. I look back at photos of me weighing 185 lbs after high school and cringe. I was so lanky then and I joke that my Adam's apple was bigger than my biceps. I think part of this is age/metabolism and the rest is just the knowledge that you have to consistently eat good calories. I remember eating several double Whoppers, tubs of cake icing, and downing 2 liter bottles of Dr. Pepper without gaining a pound. Looking back at it honestly I think I was also skipping regular meals during those times then so I was probably starved by the time I finally sat down to eat something.

Make sure and develop good habits because eventually you'll be working on cutting fat and you'll have those good nutrition habits to fall back on. Keep consistently hitting the gym and properly fueling your body throughout the day and you'll make great progress. Your current progress photo shows some good results. Just keep it up.

Thanks man, 2 years ago I was exactly the same.. I ate maybe about 3 times a day maximum..at random times..and it was the worst food you could possibly consume. Not to mention my sleeping pattern was beyond awful and I never really moved from my computer chair. Fast forward to now, i'm beginning a personal training course soon to become fully qualified and have never felt better. I just want everybody else to be assured that with the right tools you can achieve anything :)
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!