Help to Jump Start weight loss

Options
I have been eating healthy and working out for about a month now. I have only lost 1 lb, and to be honest, I dont think my clothes are fitting better. While my fiance, and family say I look like I am toning up, I just don't see it. Any suggestions to jump start my weight loss?

Replies

• haleyk
    haleyk Posts: 58
    Options
    It mostly about how much you eat...make sure you follow the amount of calories suggested.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    For me it took three months of working out and counting calories before I started losing weight. In fact I gained three pounds to begin with. Just don't give up, it'll come off.

You should start using a tape measure and measuring your body every couple of weeks. I bet you will see a difference then.
  • jhb090107
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose so I have seen loss and tone from the start. The price I pay for that is that I have a long road ahead. My biggest food issue is portion control! I'm "smarter than the average bear" so I can make good food choices, or at least better food choices when I stop to think. However, these better choices get negated completely by poor portion control. Someone told me a startlingly simple gem the other day, use the salad plate when your eat. There is some sort of conditioned response to feel full from "cleaning your plate" and eating a full plate of food. Moronically simple then to just use a smaller plate - but it kinda works (and the dishes get done faster).
  • jhb090107
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose so I have seen loss and tone from the start. The price I pay for that is that I have a long road ahead. My biggest food issue is portion control! I'm "smarter than the average bear" so I can make good food choices, or at least better food choices when I stop to think. However, these better choices get negated completely by poor portion control. Someone told me a startlingly simple gem the other day, use the salad plate when your eat. There is some sort of conditioned response to feel full from "cleaning your plate" and eating a full plate of food. Moronically simple then to just use a smaller plate - but it kinda works (and the dishes get done faster).

Oh and I did this to feel better the number on a scale is completely irrelevant.
  • ahickman
    Options
    I know that for me, when I wasnt counting calories I seem to be losing more weight, but now I do what this thing says and try to consume what it tells me but honestly I don't need that much food. I workout everyday, (my choice) But my doc told me that in order to burn fat you must do atleast 1 hour of cardo a day to burn the fat off, other wise you are burning just calories. I swap different things everyday so I dont get bord, but my scale isnt really moving but I am losing inches and my clothes are getting looser. Keep up the good work and it will come off, as long as you are true to yourself and dont fudge on what you eat and do then you will be just fine. good luck
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 8 pounds in about three months, which isn't a lot for my weight, and I was a little discouraged until I measured the inches I lost and it was 10 inches all around.

Don't beat yourself up over not losing weight fast, losing inches counts as well.

Good luck!