Metabolic Research Center- anyother out there?

Options
I'm on end of day 4 pre-conditioning .I'm so excited, I had checked them out a year a go and wanted to do the program then. Couldn't afford it, well they put out a Living Social deal for about 55% off for the whole weight-loss and everything that goes with it and a year of maintenance help. I have my next check-in on Monday. Can't wait haven't felt this excited about weight loss since the first year lol...

I was just wondering if there were any others out there on the same plan? Or used it. Add me if you like :)

Replies

• FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Wow, really noone is on here doing this.. huh..:(
  • tpomeroy727
    tpomeroy727 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm doing MRC...again. I lost 68 pounds about 3 years ago but the weight was slowly starting to creep back up. I've been back for a little over 3 weeks and have lost 13 pounds.
  • Jenni_B
    Jenni_B Posts: 1
    Options
  • wiccanwench
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of the "program" and have lost 5 lbs. My sister did it a year or so ago and did very well even without exercising. The biggest thing they emphasize is that you cannot go back to eating the same calories that an otherwise thin/fit person eats to maintain--you have to decrease your daily intake of calories by 20% once you reach maintenance. This is something many people do not take into consideration once they lose weight--myself included after losing 60 lbs on Nutrasystem. It works great while you eat their foods in the quantites they suggest but once I went back to eating similarly, guess what happened??? THIS time around, once I finally get all this fat off my *kitten*, I am going to remember NOT to stuff my face as though I am a naturally thin person, because my body knows the truth and will rat me out--er, FAT me out! LOL :laugh: A bite here or there will be reasonable, just not in massive quantities anymore.

I am curious to know how the couple of others who started the program a few months ago are doing now??? Feel free to add me so we can encourage each other. I gotta tell you, carbs are my passion :love: and MRC is nothing to do with those! No dodos, no pasta, no pancakes! :sad:
  • skelley331
    skelley331 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on on Day 5 of the pre-conditioning menu and taking my supplements, I need to lose 34 lbs and i'm down 4 1/2 lbs so far, i was suppose to go back in one week which would be this friday but i can't make it until july 12th so yuk!! I feel so much better just in the five days of changing my eating habits and i am currently 56 yrs young and want to stay healthy for my 3 grandsons and my children and husband. And yes I will keep it off this time around, i quit smoking 10 yrs ago and gained about 50 lbs, a year later i did WW and lost about 32lbs but gained most of it back so i heard so much good things about MRC that i decided to join and after paying what i had to pay it will help me keep my goals LOL!! I hope to see more people on here tell their stories and how they are doing. Can anyone tell me after i have my food class what is next?

Thank you and good luck to all the MRC'rs out there!
    Please keep in touch
  • LadyNanci
    LadyNanci Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the MRC program? I am sure they must have something in my area but I have not heard of it?
  • skelley331
    Options
    it's the metabolic Research Center for weight loss, it's the meta slim program.
  • adeliahg
    adeliahg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am an MRC repeat offender :O)
    Actually, I was on it pre pregnancy and now that baby is here (3months) I am doing their breastfeeding program.

Anyone else? Add me!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I did this a couple of years ago and had some success but just couldn't afford it. I ended up gaining the 20 lbs I lost back. I actually re-lossed that same 20lbs on MFP a year ago and gained it back (seeing a pattern, here?). Anyway...

The meta slim program sounds familiar. I've never gone back and added up but how many calories does MRC have you eating/day? I want to compare it to what I'm doing with MFP.
  • skelley331
    Options
    I'm on the 1-4 menu and i'm eating around 800 calories a day right now, but then on friday i go to the blue menu 5-11 days and it adds more food. So the calories will go up.