sniff-sniff - Starting Over!!!

Options
:sad:

Why is it so hard? I know what to do, I have the resources, but, I can't stop cheating!!!

How do I get motivated???

Replies

• SaraAnne
    Options
    Ugh I've been there. In fact, I'm right there with you, right now.

I've found that blogging each morning- Setting goals, writing how you feel, what you want to get done today etc helps me stay on track. When I do that, I tend to be more physically active, get more done, and eat/cheat less.

Good luck, you're not alone :)
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just recently started writting out what I'm going to eat for the first part of my day- Breakfast, snack, and lunch. It has helped a bit- just a suggestion.

I get the same way- and try to be more like a robot. Saying THIS is what I'm going to do; and THIS is not what I'm going to do. Make it like there is no other option.

When I quit smoking I would tell myself everytime I got a craving "but you're not a smoker anymore.." I know its not a full-proof method. I relapsed several times. But I have been smoke free for 2 years now. It takes some trial and error.

Don't give up! Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • bellydancer33
    Options
    Maybe start with getting over the "cheating" idea. If you are a real dessert fan, eat dessert-buy a low-calorie dessert cookbook and find something delicious, make it, and include it in your day.
    I'm not a fan of excluding any food or class of food-just make sure you have small portions and journal it. You CAN eat anything you want-just not EVERYTHING you want (at the same time.):happy:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i know it sucks..... skinny people dont have to do this.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Seems to me that when I screw up there are many factors,,, but the biggest one is that I had time to screw up! I have never, ever, taken a cookie break in the middle of a bicycle ride. Never ate fudge on my elliptical machine. Never had a chocolate shake while riding my motorcycle, never snuck an oreo during sex... :noway:

I try to keep myself out of trouble by staying busy. I'm usually either doing something, preparing to do something, or tired from doing stuff. No problem - there's so much stuff to do. I gnosh and mess up my diet/fitness plan when I'm bored, so I try to not be bored.

Make sense? Any help?
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm starting over. After being horrible for about 5 days around Halloween.. and going to the fair.. I definitely gained at least 3lbs back :grumble: We STILL have candy sitting in our house.. but because of my random snacking on it and being bad I've got some BAD canker sores in my mouth from all the sugar. Needless to say that has pretty much stopped my candy snacking (sugar/salt = pain :laugh:) and I'm back on track.
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    The old response is always, 'It's so easy to gain the weight, but hard to lose". Nothing is ever easy. When you cheat, get back to your routine. Out of sight, out of mind. Give the candy to your office staff. At work we have 3 floors + the basement. I've given away my candy to others. You can do the same. One of these days you will find out what your will power is and when you get it. Boom! It will hit you like a ton of bricks! You'll start to say no to sweets, pizza, etc.

I passed down on going to our company picnic. Instead of eating bar-b-que, potato salad, beans, cole slaw, white bread, tons of desserts, and sodas, I decided to man the office instead. THAT'S will power! I run during my lunch hour and yeah, I've been feeling under the weather and just don't feel like running! But I do! It's 10:39 CST and I just finished eating my apple. At 11:00 I gather my stuff and change in the ladies room (at work). I'll put on my Sony walkman headsets, stretch for 5 mintues, and run. I'll stretch 5 minutes afterwards and then head to get "cleaned up" change, and come back to the office.

I passed on eating cake during the Halloween Pumpkin contest the JAG office had downstairs. I have also passed on a retirement ceremony w/refreshments afterwards (yeah, I attended the ceremony; but not the goodie part). I know they have healthy stuff to eat, but they also have "unhealthy stuff", too. Out of site, out of mind. Besides, it was too close to my work out (running) that I declined and went to run instead (BTW, it was just this past Wednesday, 4 Nov 09).

Motivation. I get motivated by Army personnel and civilians (I'm a civilian; so don't salute me :laugh: who tell me, "Hi, Runner!". I'll smile and give my salutations back. I'll have others who tell me, "Ms. Eva, was that you running around the track today?". "Yep! that was me!" I'll smile and proudly respond back to them. Find a way to get motivated, too!

Again, when you cheat, get back to your routine! When you fall off the horse, get back and ride it again!

BTW: I have lost 20 pounds in 8 months. I USE to power walk around the PT track during my lunch hour and now I am training myself to run. My 2nd goal is to lose 10 additional pounds before my 45th B-day (March 2010).

Blessings! :flowerforyou:

Eva
  • jszevery
    Options
    Everyone - thanks for the advice. I am keeping a daily journal. And it is totally working. I write down what I want to do each morning, then what I did do each evening. And I am trying to keep my writing as positive as possible. After I logged my food today, I still have 80 calories to consume, if I want them.

whew.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!