Strange cravings...

Options
Since starting your new lifestyle to lose weight.. have you gained strange cravings?? For the past 2 weeks[ maybe longer ] I have been craving cookie dough.. yea.. just raw cookie dough!! It sounds SO good! lol.. I refuse to even walk by it in the store. lol... Is this just me?

Replies

• jaymee85
    Options
    Oh yes all the time! Especially sweets! like you i just try my best to avoid buying anything at the store that I will be tempted with. I have to ask myself "Do I really NEED this??
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    For the past 2 weeks[ maybe longer ] I have been craving cookie dough.. yea.. just raw cookie dough!!

oh man! now I'M CRAVING raw cookie dough. bummer. :grumble:
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    AW!!! IM SORRY!!! =[ I didnt mean to spread the evil craving!! lol
  • tazspastic
    tazspastic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Since starting your new lifestyle to lose weight.. have you gained strange cravings?? For the past 2 weeks[ maybe longer ] I have been craving cookie dough.. yea.. just raw cookie dough!! It sounds SO good! lol.. I refuse to even walk by it in the store. lol... Is this just me?

Try getting in a few more healthy carbs in a day... it'll really help, PROMISE!!! Try to get the carbs from whole grains. I used to me a model for healthy eating all day long until i got home from work and then it would hit me right between the eyes and I'd end up eating a great big pile of anything sweet i could find in my house. I tried the extra grain carbs and have had next to no cravings for sweets.

Hope this helps! :drinker:
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options

it's ok. I allow myself raw cookie dough only once a year - while baking choc chip cookies for Christmas. Usually I make myself feel nauseous enough that I don't want it again for a full year. :laugh:
  • jazzy020106
    Options

it's ok. I allow myself raw cookie dough only once a year - while baking choc chip cookies for Christmas. Usually I make myself feel nauseous enough that I don't want it again for a full year. :laugh:

LMAO!! thats so funny.. yea I am trying to be SUPPERRR good until thanksgiving.. then i have to be super good again until christmas lol.. becuase i know im going to fall off HARRDDD during those times lol.. especially having a 2 and 3 year old.. oh man.. lol
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I always crave sweets, but especially now. I think it's the "I can't have it, so I want it even more" mentality. I was actually craving raw cookie dough a while back too. It just nagged at me for a few weeks. NO kidding. I am not even that big a fan of raw cookie dough. So, one day I just had to get a tube and I ate some. I realized it just wasn't that tasty. I even felt kinda sick after eating some. So, I stopped eating it and baked up the rest of the dough and took the cookies to work. Never touched the cookies or the dough again.

Good Luck to you! :smokin:
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    I always crave sweets, but especially now. I think it's the "I can't have it, so I want it even more" mentality. I was actually craving raw cookie dough a while back too. It just nagged at me for a few weeks. NO kidding. I am not even that big a fan of raw cookie dough. So, one day I just had to get a tube and I ate some. I realized it just wasn't that tasty. I even felt kinda sick after eating some. So, I stopped eating it and baked up the rest of the dough and took the cookies to work. Never touched the cookies or the dough again.

Good Luck to you! :smokin:

Oh no.. see i LOVE cookie dough =] Its one of those things i never grew out of growing up LOL!! i could easily [and happily] eay a whole thing of sugar cookie dough. lol.. its bad.. but i have been doing good and avoiding it! I just wish the craving would go away!!
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Oddly, I started craving spicy stuff - the hotter the better. I have always loved spicy stuff but no one in my family can eat, so I'd stopped cooking that way. When going out, I stopped ordering the beloved hot wings because the did not play nicely with my weight loss plan.
    After a few months, I really started to crave spicy and discovered the feta stuffed jalepeno pepper. One has only 28 calories or thereabouts, and I couldn't stop eating them! I eat them just on their own, I chop them up and add them to salads - so good. I crave them regularly. And put frank's red hot sauce on everything else :tongue: