Pork Chops

Options
ashnm88
ashnm88 Posts: 748
Need ideas for cooking pork chops! Has to be cooked in the oven/stove top.

Any great recipes out there?

Replies

• kayd69
    kayd69 Posts: 29
    Options
    My mom used to make this when I was a child....these chops are sooo tasty and tender....Fairly easy.....I don't have the nutrition on this recipe but you can look up each ingredient and go from there...

Large Deep Skillet with lid
    4-6 Boneless Chops..Not the thin ones
    4-6 medium potatoes..peeled and small cubed
    2-3 carrots....thin sliced
    1 cans tomato soup
    1 can water
    olive oil
    1tbs Worcestershire sauce
    Salt and pepper to taste

heat skillet on med high on stove..

Dry the chops with paper towel ...Rub with olive oil each side

brown chops both sides (you dont have to cook all the way done)just enough to hold the juices in the meat..

while you do this put all your chopped vegs in a large bowl

in separate bow..l mix soup,and one can of water,worcestershire sauce together, Pour over the Vegetables and mix..

When Chops are browned (do not drain) ..Pour Your Veg mix over top of them....Salt and Pepper

put lid on skillet..once it come to a boil turn on simmer....

Cook about 45 mins-hr until Potatoes and Carrots are soft...I will smush a couple of potatoes and stir a couple of times (this helps thicken the soup from the starch of the potatoes)..

when done I take off burner and remove lid and let sit for about 10 mins to thicken the soup....and ohhh so yummy!!!

Enjoy!!!!!
  • Just_One_Me
    Just_One_Me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cook the CHops both sides, just season with salt and black pepper. lots of black pepper =) then throw onion, tomatoes, jalapenos and a lil cilantro . For two chops id probably do 2 tomatoes, 4-5 slices of onion , two jalapenos or 3 , and 5-6 cilantro stems add water to your like , umm maybe 1 cup or 2 them let simmer so it could get all the juices..... BoBM ! Porkchops are dangerous for me because I have no self control =( Enjoy !
    Ohhhh ya , throw out the oils when the chop is done cooking , before you add tomato and stuff ! =)
  • joymiller598
    Options
    I just buy a tasty rub from my local butcher and slather it on and cook in a skillet. I would look for a pork rub that you like. It saves on calories and it's delicious. I usually cook my pork chops like 6-7 minutes on each side and they are ready to go.
  • margejonez
    margejonez Posts: 14
    Options
    I think I will try that. Actually never thought of doing that. It sounds really good to me....thanks for the idea...
  • killersushi13
    killersushi13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    too bad you cant grill! I love grilling them at high heat a few minutes each side. I roll them first in olive oil then in a rub I create on the fly (usually with brown sugar, mexican chili powder, garlic powder, onion flakes oregano) and throw them on the grill.

The tiny bit of brown sugar adds a nice crusty texture to outside. Sometimes I find this tastier than a beef steak. Not sure if it would work on the stove but maybe in oven on broil.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Pork chops rubbed in crushed fennel seeds is divine - sweet and aniseedy - oh so yum!!!
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    bump, some of these recipes sound so mouthwatering
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I smear some mustard on my chop then cook in the oven. gives it a lovely taste.
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Slice your pork chops thin strips...salt and pepper the strips....roll in flour, dip in egg, roll in panko crumbs...
    Place a small amt of olive oil in bottom of iron skillet and turn until cooked through.....great with rice and veggies
    San :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Come with me and take a walk on the Asian side... the fat content in pork chops is PERFECT for this dish.

Its a Chinese pork stew - commonly served in the winter time or when someone is sick. Glass-noodles, soured cabbage (you can easily use sauerkraut but drain it and rinse), paper thin white onions, fresh thin ribbons of napa cabbage. Some fresh vegetable stock (not canned, ugh, definitely not canned)

Slice up your pork real thin, season it with a seasoned sesame oil with garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes to your liking, a little chinese-5 spice..

This is a stew that you throw together, filled with tons of the vegetables, throw your glass noodles in (mung bean noodles work great too!), you can even use authentic shirataki noodles if you want to also.

Get to a nice hot temp in the pot, add your thinly sliced pork - the fluid cooks it fast..

Serve in a big noodle bowl....

OHHHHHH SOOOOOO GOOD!

I eat this year round...
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Three Cup Pork

You cut thick slices out of the pork

Chunked red bell peppers and green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, snap peas, straw mushrooms, a hearty sauce made with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, scallions, fresh basil leaves, star of anise.

Serve this over white rice or udon noodles...

Personally I cant eat rice or noodle, but this dish is AWESOME!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    bump! I'm always looking for creative pork recipes (nom nom)
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I made the 2 ways today.

Low carb -
    Crush pork rinds and mix with parmesean cheese
    egg wash
    cover in crumbs
    fry at 375 degrees (flip halfway through)

season with salt, pepper, garlic, dried mustard, and thyme
    pan sear until done (about 12 minutes)
    remove from pan
    add 1/4 half anf half, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, and a few splashes of worstershire
    whisk until thick
    put chops back in pan to coat
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    bump
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bumpitty bump. Yum!