I have to pick a favorite?

Seriously -

Texas Pete for Carolina BBQ,
    Scorned Woman for sandwiches,
    Blair's Death for chili,
    Cholula for mexican,
    Sriracha for asian,
    Blues BBQ Habanero Reserve for chips
    Heartbreaking Dawns 1498 Trinidad Scorpion for maximum heat while still keeping flavor.
    Chet's Gone Mad Extract for doctoring up large batches of chili or tomato sauce.

And for the piece de resistance:

Blair's 2 AM and 3 AM for display (they're the old style bottles, so I keep them for showing off)

Can anyone guess that I'm a pepperhead?
  • creativephoenix
    creativephoenix Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the regular Tabasco. It adds a nice heat WITHOUT messing with the flavor of my food!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Cholula on most things.
    Franks Redhot on my fries and wings
    Siriracha in soups. Good old Rooster sauce (sounds wrong but there's a rooster on the bottle) (note: I was gonna write another word for rooster but that might get me a strike).

KFC hot sauce packets are awesome, too.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I have discovered local brands for foods ( actually it was my husband) Anyways there is a local company called Scotty B's that has an amazing Ghostly garlic hot sauce. Tastes like great hot sauce mixed with garlic.
    Forget the chain stores and go look for something from your local farmers markets.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    texas-pete-logo.png FTW!

HELLZ YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEXAS PETE FTW!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options

Seriously -

Blair's Death for chili,
    Cholula for mexican,
    Sriracha for asian,
    Heartbreaking Dawns 1498 Trinidad Scorpion for maximum heat while still keeping flavor.
    Chet's Gone Mad Extract for doctoring up large batches of chili or tomato sauce.

Blair's 2 AM and 3 AM for display (they're the old style bottles, so I keep them for showing off)

I bow before you. You're a man who knows his hot sauce.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    1302EL.jpg

Yum.

This! Except my I get the red/orange bottle.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Sriracha lovers must read
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha

I love this!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    THIS STUFF HERE!!! MMMmmmmmm................

1001029_041500745107_A_400.jpg
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    Franks Red Hot.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    1302EL.jpg

Yum.

I eat this on EVERYTHING. I usually get it in red though.

It's funny- I went to Riviera Maya on a vacation this past April, and the gift shop at the resort sold bottles of this as a 'touristy' thing to bring back to loved ones as a flavor of the region. I'm like...I buy this s*** by the GALLON at my local Jewel!! They did have some cool flavors, though- like a carribbean and a XX Hot one!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I like the New Mexican green chile sauce like one gets at "Little Anitas" in Albuquerque... it tastes like heaven and it doesn't kill my stomach.

I use to love anything hot but now that I have had lap band and suffered from chronic gastric issues (ulcers, gerd and ibs), I can't eat them. I have to be extremely careful of anything with cayenne in it or my throat will try to close up ... think it triggers my asthma:( It can be so addictive and hard to give up. I use to love "Louisiana Hot Sauce" on chili with and without beans probably because I was a salt addict too lol.
    I use to adore both the green and red Tabasco too. I don't like some of the bitter tasting red sauces tho.

and then baja sauce and chili con queso are great too!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    1) Homemade, from jalapenos or chipotle
    2) Sriracha
    3) Cholula
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Sriracha
    Tabasco Buffalo, Green, and Original
    Pico Pica
    Tapatio
    Frank's

Also love horseradish

I have an entire shelf in the fridge door dedicated to hot sauce :)
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I bow before you. You're a man who knows his hot sauce.

Started collecting years ago - I've got about 50 different sauces - some good, some bad, some I bought just for the bottle. The ones I listed are ones we have to keep getting refills on because they run out so quick.

My household is a spice-hungry family. The 2 year old loves Cajun scrambled eggs with Tabasco and my wife is about as bad as I am. It's an easy way to get yourself to slow down when eating when you're sweating and you can't feel your teeth anymore.

Gotta love it!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    SRIRACHA!!!!!
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Cholula and Frank's Hot Sauce!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    1302EL.jpg

Yum.

Oh yes! I stock up on the jalapeno kind when I go to Mexico because I can't find it here. It's the best.
  • yummymommy78
    Options
    Me too, love Frank's Red Hot and buy it by the gallon jug for refills. I put it on steamed broccoli, aspargus, beans, everything. I love the taste and get a tingling thinking about it.

So glad I'm not the only one who puts hot sauce on my veggies. My family all think I'm nuts for doing that! LOL

My fave is Frank's CHILI AND LIME! Yum! But all Frank's are good. The Buffalo is best for wings, and other chicken dishes. But I use the Chili & Like for EVERYTHING.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

Seriously -

Blair's Death for chili,
    Cholula for mexican,
    Sriracha for asian,

tumblr_m0lr9lMWPw1r3zat8.gif