looking for some new friends

Options
Hi!
I'm Jenn and I have been on MFP since Jan. I log in everyday and I am looking for new friends and support. I have lost about 34 lbs so far and trying to lose another 20-ish. Wanna be my friend? lol

Replies

• rle76
    rle76 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, I just started back on here. Not trying to lose anything just maintain and see the options of eating healthier.
  • karynrky
    karynrky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined awhile back but just now started tracking my eating and weight loss. What have you been doing to lose weight? Great Job by the way :)
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    FR sent:)
  • outspan87
    outspan87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenn!

I joined a few days ago. I also need to lose a few pounds and get fit (I'm doing the "Insanity" workout so my energy level and motivation is really high). Feel free to add me! That also goes for anyone with similar goals to mine :)
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    FR sent.
  • tarisa222
    tarisa222 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am new on here too. so you can add me. I am trying to lose around 30 lbs. my first 20 lbs I am using the atkins induction phase and its working for me so far. :) maybe we can get tips and encourage each other!
  • elise2013
    elise2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose about 25lb more as well. Feel free to add me and as well as anyone else. WE CAN DO THIS!!! :)
  • Frankiecarrion
    Options
    FR sent
  • jenniprr
    jenniprr Posts: 119
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yay for new friends!

To answer what I have been doing to lose weight so far...I started South Beach in Jan. and used that as my guide until about a month ago. The higher protein/ lower healthy carb thing was working for me. Then my doctor said I should go gluten free. That's definitely a challenge that I am still working on! But I eat about 90% gluten free right now. I set my MFP to 30% protein, 30% fat, 40% carbs.

In terms of exercise, I do cardio usually 4-5 days a week which consists of spin, zumba and hiking most of the time. I also strength train twice a week. I am looking to start lifting heavier weight though and have been researching a plan for that.
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    FR sent
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started in January also. I have become completely addicted to this site. I would be happy to add you as a friend!
  • juhi130
    juhi130 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi...I am trying to lose about 50 lbs. I first joined MFP about a month ago and then just stopped logging on... I have not been very good at losing weight. I am now trying....again. Hope I can do it this time...maybe friendly support will help me to do better!