I never eat, out so could use some help

Options
Sorry, comma in the wrong place, duh! Can't figure out how to edit it.

I have to work Saturday, but then am going for lunch/dinner at around 3:30. I just put my calories in for what I'd like to eat at the restaurant (grilled fish tacos with avocado, some rice and beans, some warm tortilla chips) and it's sucking up most of my calories for the day.
What can I eat in the morning and then maybe around 12 to tide me over until then? I need something super low calorie but somewhat filling and energizing. I was thinking maybe almonds and string cheese for breakfast with coffee, and a banana at 12? I'm used to eating 300+ calorie breakfasts and lunches...Would love any ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    What calorie amount are you working with here?

I agree that protein of some sort would be a great addition for breakfast as it will sustaine you longer, can you fit perhaps an egg and egg white omelet? Almonds are great but they do eat up you calories. Anything with vegetables will be lower cal than fruit, (except potatoes) so you could probably add lots of veg (mushrooms, peppers, onins etc) to you omelet as well as a little cheese, that should be a reasonable sized breakfast., for not too high a calorie count. Or you could save that for lunch and have some oatmeal and light milk for breakfast. Another option would be a hearty minestrone soup for lunch I'd imagine the would be pretty low cal, but filling if you had beans and perhaps a little pasta in it, and a shaving of cheese on top. If I knew what you had left I could give you more advice! :happy:
  • toomuchcupcakes
    Options
    I have fruit and coffee. Then more fruit if still hungry. The book "skinny *****" preaches about eating fruit on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, so I assume they had a reason for it I just cannot recall what that is. I eat it because its cheap, healthy and portable.

I also like instant oatmeal, walmart's brand has a sugar free variety for 100 calories that is tasty.
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    Can you get up early and work out? That will give you extra calories to use throughout the day. You could almost treat dinner as a "reward" for a good workout. Just a thought.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I recommend Trader Joe's oat bran for breakfast. This is the lowest calories for the highest satisfaction, taste and fullness I know. I eat it almost every day. I add a couple of spoons of coconut milk for flavor, but you can just put some vanilla or whatever has no calories. Do not put sugar or anything sweet on it, enjoy it's natural nuttiness.
  • Isaanne
    Isaanne Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would fill up on veggies. Bulk out your breakfast and lunch with fruit (like melon) and veggies at lunch.
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Wow, great ideas you guys. Thank you. Yes, I was thinking of working out early, but I'm not much of a morning person so am not sure I will make that happen. I am not sure my digestive system can handle oat bran. But maybe I can try it again now that I'm eating so much healthier. Sounds great.

I love the omelet with lots of veggies idea. Maybe will make that and take it for my noon snack/lunch and just have some fage 0% and a half a naner in the am? I just nixed the avocado and the tortilla chips hoping to have more wiggle room. Now I know why I never go out to eat.

Thanks for all the great ideas!!!! I love them all.
  • shareylee
    shareylee Posts: 14
    Options
    Try some Greek yogurt with chopped apple or 8 grapes for breakfast. Very filling
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'd make a homemade soup to bring with you. You can make lowcal soups that are very filling.