30 Day Shred-successes?

Options
Anyone have any success with the 30 day shred? I am beginning my weight loss journey, and just created an account on here today. Last month I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism after packing on another 20lbs over 2 months and my body temperature never going above 96.0 degrees. I'm looking for something that will really jump start my metabolism to get my body temperature a little more regulated which will in turn increase the amount of calories I burn per day.

I used to be a female volleyball, track, and softball athlete in highschool but was forced to quit due to an injury. Since then I've gained over 80 lbs to my weight of now 250 at 5ft6 at only 24 years old.

Any information on this DVD would be helpful. I plan to start using it tonight. I am a huge fan of Jillian from the Biggest Loser show!

Replies

• moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian as a beginner workout because she shows you how to modify and does not assume you know anything. The intervals are short which makes it easy to try for the whole interval. 30 Day Shred was the first at home dvd I did and I lost 14 inches and 13 lbs. I will warn you that the first 3-4 days feel killer. The first time I did it I felt quite ill and that continued through the first 3-4 workouts. I kept pushing myself, but taking breaks when I needed them and working it at my pace and the nausea went away.
  • 2012Mich
    2012Mich Posts: 93
    Options
    I am doing Insanity which is hard but I love! I incorporated the 30 day shred, although I liked it.. I found her flow through the exercises were very abrupt and I felt she didn't stretch enough and I was way too sore. I really like her extreme shed and shred a lot better.
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have 30 day shred and shred it with weights... alas they have very recently arrived and are still in their wrappers! I'd love to hear success on them too!
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I lost like 9 inches and 5lbs doing it
  • sharonemma1216
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement and information! It's good to know there are people out there dealing with some of the issues and on the same path as me.
  • bakerh518
    bakerh518 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im planning on starting that same program on monday!! Hope you like it as much as i have heard it is awesome!
  • briewakes
    briewakes Posts: 7
    Options
    I've been doing the 'shred' for a week it burns more calories in 20 minutes than any other exercise I've tried.

I really like the way it's put together and it's not as knee destroying as some of Jillian's DVDs, so I highly recommend it.