A change I didn't see coming!

Options
I am currently in the middle of exams and usually this would mean that I would be eating a range of junk food and really not much else. But this time its been different. However, last night I had a major breakdown because of just geting too stressed so really couldnt be bothered to cook so got a take away! Something I never used to think twice about specially in stressful times. I also had some crisps and chocolate through the day! Thing is, I felt crap for it....not guilty BUT crap!

It felt really weird...I felt as if it affected my concentration and I just felt a bit blurgh really! Today for dinner I had salmon and salad and was fine....have had fruit and yoghurt and I feel fine.....what confuses me/worries me is that I dont think I used to feel like this before....or did I and I ignored it/didnt realise???

Anyone else felt the same!

Replies

• ktied
    ktied Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Nope I am the same way! I eat healthy most of the time, and when i have a slip up, even if its just a little one, like a slice of pizza, that actually even has been worked into my cals for the day, I'll feel so gross and sluggish, my stomach will hurt, digestive issues, like my body is literally angry at me for eating this stuff. I always try to remember this feeling when i find myself reaching for the junk...
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I splurged a bit today and I feel sick to my stomach now. Got through three bites of ice cream and wanted to throw up. Definitely going to remember how this feels for next time!
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    I can totally relate! But, I was feeling sick before I changed my diet, so I guess it was bothering me and I did notice.
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I splurged a bit today and I feel sick to my stomach now. Got through three bites of ice cream and wanted to throw up. Definitely going to remember how this feels for next time!

hmmm must have been bad ice cream!

I agree with everyone else about the greasy and salty junk/fast foods. But ICE CREAM??? That is one of my treats and I never feel bad after I get to eat one of those Hagen Dasz single serve chocolate chunk ice creams.

Man I feel sorry for you! :)
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I suspect junk food makes many people feel like crap, but if they've eaten it all their lives, they're probably used to it an think it's normal. They probably won't notice it, or at least not attribute it to the food they eat, unless they change their eating habits.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel you there! Now that I eat super-healthy most of the time it's like I can't go back to my old ways. The other night I gave into some huge stress and at cake, ice cream, etc... and felt like crud the entire next day! Not guilt, I physically felt like crud. Haha, learned my lesson I hope :P
  • Joeyje3
    Joeyje3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That's completely normal. I did WW years ago. And when I went to the meetings. That was one thing they said might happen. When you start eating healthy, then eat something bad don't be surprised if you get a belly ache.
    Goes to show that your eating healthy and your body's just telling you not to eat so much "bad" food.
  • LaundryJo
    LaundryJo Posts: 47
    Options
    I had a toasted brie and ham baguette the other day, it was sooo good. Not that it's really junk food, I am just not used to it now. It took me hours to stop feeling sick afterwards, so never again! I'll stick to hummus and feta next time!
  • Dawnd92
    Dawnd92 Posts: 88
    Options
    Same here! Had a training today and they had a catered boxed lunch for us. Thought I might be ok with it, but after logging the food for it (after I ate it), I noticed it had 51 grams of fat total... My body got tired, sluggish, and I had cramps really bad!

You are not the only one! :)
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

hmmm must have been bad ice cream!

I agree with everyone else about the greasy and salty junk/fast foods. But ICE CREAM??? That is one of my treats and I never feel bad after I get to eat one of those Hagen Dasz single serve chocolate chunk ice creams.

It was my old favorite....oreo cheesequake blizzard from dairy queen. Haven't had it in MONTHS. I mostly stick to sorbet and the occasional ice cream cone which is about all I can handle.

Man I feel sorry for you! :)
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    It is good to hear your taste buds are adjusting! :glasses: I can relate a little . . .

I will feel sick when I eat processed food, especially fast food. I know that if I eat McDonald's, I will feel sick...no matter how I rationalize it at the register. Pizza has only recently been bothering me in that it makes me feel tired. (I think I am just noticing this about refined carbs in general.)

I still love my ice cream, but developed a bit of lactose intolerance some years ago, so have learned to limit myself. I know if I go over a certain amount, I will feel sick. I try to buy Breyer's, which does not use all those artificial ingredients. I don't crave it as much when I eat healthy.