HRM not on the wrist

Options
gombolyu
gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
I am new to HRMs. I really need something to measure the calories burned during my workouts. My problem is that I use kettlebell a lot, so a "clock" on my wrist is not an option. Can you help me to find a solution for that? I have about max 80-90 USD for that. (Not really USD, because I live Hungary, I just tried to show my limits.:))

Thanks for any recommendation.

Replies

• MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If you buy one with a chest strap, it will come with the watch, but the watch doesn't have to be worn on your wrist. I put mine on the handlebar of the bike when I'm taking a spin class. I would assume you could put it in your pocket, though it wouldn't be readily accessible.
  • MUSEical
    MUSEical Posts: 9
    Options
    I just bought a polar FT7 on amazon for $79 USD. It has a chest strap and a watch BUT the watch doesn't have to be on the wrist to receive transmission from the chest strap, it just needs to be near by. The monitor on the chest strap is what monitors your heart rate.
  • gombolyu
    Options
    Thank you.:) Ichecked even some product manuals, but I was unable to find the answer.:)
  • gombolyu
    Options
    I just bought a polar FT7 on amazon for $79 USD. It has a chest strap and a watch BUT the watch doesn't have to be on the wrist to receive transmission from the chest strap, it just needs to be near by. The monitor on the chest strap is what monitors your heart rate.

Thank you.:) One of my prefered options was the polar FT range 4 or 7, and now I think I will choose them.:)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i have the same issue with kettlebells. i loop mine onto the clip of my water bottle since i'm never too far away from that. plus i'm less likely to forget it.
  • gombolyu
    Options
    i have the same issue with kettlebells. i loop mine onto the clip of my water bottle since i'm never too far away from that. plus i'm less likely to forget it.

Super tip.:)) Thanks.