Creamy crockpot chicken w/ cornbread crust

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
I put this recipe on a previous thread awhile back, and it got a lot of great responses so I figured it deserved it's own post :)

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts (we use Lilydale 100g chicken breasts)
2 cans Campbell's low fat cream soup (we use chicken, but you can use anything)
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 TSP flour

Throw the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour the 2 cans of soup overtop. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.

1/2 hour before finished mix cornmeal & flour together. Sprinkle on top of mixture. (an alternative is to mix the cornmeal and flour together with 1-2 TBSP of the juices inside the crockpot and drop ontop like dumplings).

The result? Yummy creamy chicken with a cornbread type crust on top. YUM.

The calories is something around 850 for the entire recipe (serves 2-4 people so that's only 212-425 calories per serving)

Replies

• Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from those cream soup recipes, but every now and then find one I love, yours sounds yummy! Funny thing, I've got one in the crock-pot now:

6 chicken breasts (cut up into chunks)
    1 can cheese soup (recipe calls for monteray jack cheese but couldn't find that and got fiest nacho)
    1/2 c. chunky salsa
    1/8 t. chili powder
    1 red pepper, sliced
    1 orange or yellow pepper, sliced
    1 green pepper, sliced

mix all ingredients together, and cook on low for 5-6 hours, until chicken is done, serve over rice or in tortillas. Low fat and low cal, just use rice and torts sparingly!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    That sounds really simple and yummy. I WILL be trying it! Thank you! :happy:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    They both sound great!! Thanks for posting!!