Sweet Tooth

Options
I have such a huge sweet tooth! Especially after meals and for a late night snack. Anyone have any healthy suggestions. I am not one of those people who can eat fruit and that will curb my sweet craving. Help please!

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    mentos chews- 10 calories per mint.
  • mkrainville7409
    mkrainville7409 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Carrot Juice... very very sweet... its like sugar!
  • cjdcmom
    cjdcmom Posts: 28
    Options
    sugar free fat free chocolate pudding
  • cjdcmom
    cjdcmom Posts: 28
    Options
    and sugar free desert gum
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am sucking on scotch mints as we speak. 4 mint 60 calories.
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    I like natural PB with dark chocolate chips. Or you could use nuts with dark chocolate
  • Commander6666
    Commander6666 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jello makes a sugar free pudding which is great. Also Fiber One Brownies. Check my diary. Massive sweet tooth. York peppermint pieces.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Save enough calories for something small? I like melted dark chocolate with half a banana, or frozen grapes, or jelly! Jelly is awesome because you can eat so much of it and the calories are pretty much nothing! Frozen yogurt, greek yogurt frozen with some honey and blueberries on top. Look for some lower cal recipes for desserts, like apple crumble. Stew the apples and sprinkle with oats and berries or just have less of the crumble. Have your sweet things but half the portion. Ummm, what else, I like freezing chopped bananas and blitzing them with some milk and cocoa powder, so much good! Pancakes with honey, just spend hours googling, and searching for new recipes :D
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello 5 calories a cup! Eat your heart out
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Licorice. I have the same problem and this is the only thing i found that works
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    allow yourself something sweet every night. just factor it into your calories for the day, and its fine. like eat healthy through out the day, and sneak in a 200 calorie candy bar. or a little scoop of ice cream. something like that. i always have a little candy, or ice cream or something sweet factored into my daily calorie goal. i have a massive sweet tooth, and i couldn't live with out a little sweets in my life. its all about moderation.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Ordinarily I'd agree with you over the fruit thing... but I have taken to eating a huge bowl of cut strawberries (250g) with a fat free greek vanilla yogurt on top... even add a tsp of white sugar sprinkled over all of it and it's about 200cal... and HUGE.
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Baked apples in the microwave for 3 minutes! Add cinnamon and a tsp of brown sugar. SO YUMMY!
  • swhite1209
    swhite1209 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I found out that weight watchers has these small cakes that are about 80 calories and they are actually good. I bought the lemon ones and they remind me of orange juice cake. I thought they were yummy. I only purchased the one box so I could see how good they were. I saw chocolate one too. My sister says they have carrot cake and banana too. Walmart carries them. u get about three bites in one cake. I nibble to make it last longer. lol . There is also rice krispie treats that are half the size of a regular one and they are 90 calories. If I have quite a bit of calories left over then i will endulge in regular cookies but I keep it at two and only have done that once. Also there is 100 calorie packs that has cookies, ect. I hope this helps. I eat something sweet every night but it is usually low in calories. Oh and I have ate marshmallow cream and two graham crackers but that is higher in calories.
  • Aestes21
    Aestes21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds AMAZING!!
  • SqueakGirl
    SqueakGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I bought chocolate protien bars, and sometimes have one or two hershey kisses. I found this site with "healthy" desserts, so far I have made two with great success! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • Aestes21
    Aestes21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ordinarily I'd agree with you over the fruit thing... but I have taken to eating a huge bowl of cut strawberries (250g) with a fat free greek vanilla yogurt on top... even add a tsp of white sugar sprinkled over all of it and it's about 200cal... and HUGE.

That actually sounds AMAZING!!
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    its funny cos i used to have a sweet tooth. I was so bad I would eat sweets all the time and crave sugary things everyday. Since I have dieted and actually stuck to it, I have found that over time my cravings for sweet things has actually slowed down big time. I used to have to drink tea with sugar in it, I did for years and years I stopped in jan adn it took abiout 2 months before I actually liked tea. My bf made me a cuppa few days ago with 1 sugar in it, it was disguisting lol!

I have found the less carbs I eat the less sugary things I want. And if i do get that craving I eat fresh pineapple! It is lovely and sweet and is 1000x better than tinned pineapple! and it rly does satisfy my sweet craving =p
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Extra dessert gum. greek yogurt with a tablespoon of sugar free cheesecake pudding mix stirred in, and I love a chocolate protein shake frosty. Mix a scoop of protein powder (I like chocolate or chocolate peanut butter), splenda to taste, and a Tbs of cocoa powder with a little bit of water and 6-7 ice cubes. It's like ice cream!
  • SarahGupta
    Options
    Stonyfield Farms Gotta Have Vanilla Frozen Yogurt Bars Dipped in Dark Chocolate