Help..

Options
Has anyone hit a plateau or a stump...I have been losing however all of a sudden it seems to be going backwards. I wonder if it is because of that time of month coming of if something is wrong. I have been trying to step it up a notch and not going over my calories.. Any suggestions

Replies

• katelynnmagdalena
    Options
    My first go ahead with losing weight allowed me to lose 20 pounds. I started to go to the gym 5 times a week, hoping to have the weight melt off of me, but hit a major plateau! I'm still at the same weight and trying again. I found that sometimes mixing up the amount of calories that I consume will confuse my body and allow me to lose some pounds (not scientific lol). Also, TOM always causes me to either hit a standstill or go up a couple pounds
  • katie_heinricher
    katie_heinricher Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try switching up the exercises you are doing. Give your body a different kind of challenge.
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Try doing intervals.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    yup :) take a break no biggie :) Change your workouts up and you will burn fat and challenge your body !
    Here are some useful site:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371
    I upload these daily with pic of what I eat :)

www.bodyrock.tv
    www.myomytv.com
    www.diet.com
    These workouts are free :)
  • ashshields12
    ashshields12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Try upping the calories for a few days... maybe add 400-500 clean calories for 3 days. Do different excercise and increase your water intake. Kick start the body again. There was a really helpful thread about plateau killing the other day will try and find it.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Do different things. Different foods, different meal times, different workouts. I went low carb for a couple weeks and lost 5 pounds. I'll still have the occasional low carb day. I have 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, 6 Week 6 Pack and Kickbox FastFix. I don't follow the program AT ALL. Yesterday I did 30DS level 1 and Kickbox Workouts 2 and 3. Today I did 6W6P level 2 and Kickbox 1. Tomorrow I'll do 30DS 2 and RI30 3. I just mix it up as much as I can for about an hour 6 days a week. My body never knows what to expect.

Same thing with food. We pick a food ethnicity at the beginning of the week and do our shopping based on that. Mexican, Cuban, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Greek, Italian and German are all options. It makes it shopping easier. One lamb roast can be made into 3-4 greek meals. Changing your diet completely every week seems to help keep it confused and dropping weight. I'm sure there's a scientific explanation but I don't care as long as it works.

I've lost 12 pounds since March so, for me at least, the ADD approach to food and exercise is working.
  • ashshields12
    ashshields12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    THis is what was posted on the other thread

QUOTE:

1. Eat more: Ninety percent of the time plateaus are caused by your body’s survival mechanism of protecting against famine, which is triggered by calorie reduction. The best way to fix this quickly is to give your body a little more food so it feels secure. Varying your calorie intake is my best advice for keeping your body from plateauing: For the next three days vary your calorie intake between 1,800 and 2,400 calories. I know this may sound crazy, but trust me…I know what I’m doing. Then, after three days, drop back down to the calorie allowance that I have set for you through this program.

2. Reduce your sodium and DRINK LOTS OF WATER: Keep your sodium under 1,500 mg a day at most for as long as you can manage. You can achieve this in part by cutting all processed food out of your diet for two weeks.

I promise you that if you follow these tips to the letter, your plateau will be shattered by the end of week 2!

Thank you all, I will wait till after TOM hopefully she comes on time lol. I still managed to get under calorie but closer to goal calories and didn't stay on the healthy track today. Started with a danish from a staff meeting this morning which I haven't had something like that since well before I started this journey. I did start doing my C25K program again and hoping it jump starts considering I am doing something different. thanks for all your help