Running NSV!

Options
Rebroland
Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
I cannot believe this - tonight I ran 5 miles NON STOP. I completed my first 5k in April and then started to lose motivation so I decided I wanted to sign up for a 5 mile race (on June 17th). I figured if I needed to walk some that would be fine. I went out for a training run Tuesday night and ran 4.3 miles (an hour). So tonight I decided that I wanted to try for the full 5 miles and I am proud to say that I DID IT! It took me 68 minutes (I'm still a very slow runner). But I did it - no walking breaks at all. There were times that I reallly reallly wanted to walk (like the two big hills) but I just kept pressing on. I kept telling myself 1) remember you want to wear a bikini in Jamaica on your honeymoon in 11 weeks and 2) you will be REALLY disappointed in yourself if you stop running. I cannot believe it. I'm still finding it weird to consider myself a runner - but I am - I definitely am a runner and I am so excited for the 5 mile race on Sunday! I want to sign up for a 6 or 7 mile race next :)

Replies

• lo89ol
    lo89ol Posts: 59
    Options
    thats so awesome!! congrats! and good luck in your race!
  • Rebroland
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!!!!!

I know exactly what you mean about how weird it feels to consider yourself a runner!
  • dobberloon
    dobberloon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to my first 5K in August. I too would NEVER have considered myself a runner until now.
  • Rebroland
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!! I sometimes still find myself saying "I can't wait to be a runner".. weird!

Good luck with your first 5k Dobberloon! You will love it and will be addicted!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!