Can't figure out how to track calories burned! TX-300 HRM

Options
I just got this today, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to track my calories burned during workouts.

Does anyone have this that could assist me? I can't seem to find any explanations or manuals online. And when I type in Pro-Form TX-300 in Google, it gives me a different watch?? Mine has three buttons. The two on the left say S/S and Option. The one on the right says Mode. The watch that pops up on Google has four buttons.

Help!

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Honestly, Don't even bother.. It's strapless, which means that it's useless at counting calories burned anyway.

Return and Buy a Polar.. You'll be much better off!
  • gdkerplunk
    gdkerplunk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Honestly, Don't even bother.. It's strapless, which means that it's useless at counting calories burned anyway.

What do you mean it's strapless? Meaning, it doesn't come with a chest strap? Because it does.

Or do you mean some other strap?
  • dad106
    Options

What do you mean it's strapless? Meaning, it doesn't come with a chest strap? Because it does.

I see now.. It can be used as both strapless or with a strap.

Now sure how you are trying to use it, but if its the strapless way then I stand by original advice of don't bother.. if it's with the strap, then I have no idea because I've never even heard of the brand.
  • gdkerplunk
    gdkerplunk Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Now sure how you are trying to use it, but if its the strapless way then I stand by original advice of don't bother.. if it's with the strap, then I have no idea because I've never even heard of the brand.

Yup. I was using the strap. Still can't figure it out. This is such a pain in my *kitten*.
  • dad106
    Options

Yup. I was using the strap. Still can't figure it out. This is such a pain in my *kitten*.

Then return it.. I'm assuming you paid somewhere around 50 dollars for it?

On Amazon, the Polar FT4 is about 60 dollar shipped.. Way easy to use, and is very recommended on this board.
  • choate48
    choate48 Posts: 4
    Options
    I got the TX-300 yesterday, and after some playing around with it I figured out how to make it count calories. All you have to do is to press the 'Mode' button until you get to the stop watch and start it, this is the way that it keeps track of calories burned.