Following my own advice...

Options
So last night I was feeling pretty good. My weekly weigh ins are Thursday mornings, and I was confident that I would finally hit my much anticipated goal of 159 (been wanting to be under 160, even by an ounce!). I thought I'd done okay for the week, other than the weekend (ugh!) So I was feeling good about it and actually looking forward to my weigh in. So, as I was messaging with a friend who was feeling down, and trying to encourage her, I gave her this advice....look in the mirror and find 5 things you like about yourself. Sounded good at the time to me :). Then, this morning, first thing when I woke up, I got on my scale. Did I hit my goal? Heck no! I did lose a bit however, so it wasn't a total devastation. I was down 2 tenths of a pound. Hmmmph. So, feeling rather disappointed, I moped for a bit...then, decided to follow my own advice to my friend. I looked in the mirror, and thought about what I saw. Here are the 5 things I decided I was fairly happy about at the moment and I can actually say I like about myself (body wise):

1. I like my figure. Specifically I mean that my bust, waist and hips are complimentary to each other and I have some curves. I've always been lucky there. Even when I was at my heaviest I had a bit of a waist and I carry my weight fairly evenly.
2. I like my breasts. Even after being heavy for so long, and having 2 kids, they aren't droopy :). When I first started losing, I was concerned that they would end up hanging badly and look awful without a good bra. I'm not so worried now.
3. I think my neck and shoulders are nice. Not great and muscular, but not bad either. I can say I like them.
4. My legs are looking a lot thinner these days, and I'm enjoying that. My thighs are not rubbing together as badly as they used to when I walk, and I'm now able to comfortably wear shorts and skirts.
5. This is a stretch (it was harder than I thought to come up with 5!) but I kinda like my butt. It's round, and not too saggy right now. I have a lot of work to do, but I think it will get there :)

And for those of you who want to tell me what I did wrong and why I didn't lose more...no worries, I know, lol. I sabotaged myself last weekend. No excuses. I will do better and hopefully I will see my goal next week. What I have to ask you all...is what 5 things to you like about your bodies? :)

Replies

• poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hehe....would that friend be me?!!! So I am gonna add my 5 to this.....maybe we can start a trend!!

1. I also like the fact that my weight is evenly distributed.....curvy I am!
    2. I like my boobs now after reduction.....no more getting slapped in the face sans jumping around!
    3. Not body related....but I do have pretty feet! :p
    4. I have a small baby pouch....most people after having babies have ginormous ones.....mine ain't so bad except drooping on one side from 1st daughter laying on one side whole pregnancy!
    5. I love my reflection from the side angle.....I look very slim.....until I face the mirror frontways~~haha!

Wow....Tanya, that was kinda hard! But I know soon enough we will be able to name 10 things we love!!

Thanks for your inspiration!!!
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wht a great idea! Going to have to try this tomorrow...and I'll post them :)
  • ADH13
    ADH13 Posts: 10
    Options
    Whoa... Very tough!

1) I like my feet, specifically my toes.

2) my eyes, I usually get compliments for them.

3). Is my smile a body part?? Probably not so by default my mouth.

4). Seems to be theme, but my curves. I am pear shape so all my weight is my legs, hips, and booty. I like that even at my weight now I have a small waist/tummy compared to my hips and breast.

5). This isn't a body part... But this past month I have learned I am physically stronger than I ever thought.

This took me forever to finish!!
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Whoa... Very tough!

1) I like my feet, specifically my toes.

2) my eyes, I usually get compliments for them.

3). Is my smile a body part?? Probably not so by default my mouth.

4). Seems to be theme, but my curves. I am pear shape so all my weight is my legs, hips, and booty. I like that even at my weight now I have a small waist/tummy compared to my hips and breast.

5). This isn't a body part... But this past month I have learned I am physically stronger than I ever thought.

This took me forever to finish!!

But you deserve it! We all need to take some time to appreciate our bodies for what they are :). Not always easy to do, but it definitely made me feel a little happier today!

Good job ladies on finding 5 things....I'll have to think on another assignment.....lol.
  • Fredrikanita
    Fredrikanita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1) My booty.
    2) My eyes.
    3) The way my stomach is starting to look, can see the abs starting to show through.
    4) My arms, carry a good amount of muscle.
    5) My back.

In all, love the way my whole body is looking after 5 odd months of lifting heavy, can actually say that I like my body for the first time ever. Still a work in progress but am pretty happy with the way my body is shaping up. :smile: