any good pedometer phone apps?

Options
I wanted to know what exercise apps people are using to suppliment MFP. I'm probably looking for something that is mostly for walking. Anything that seems fairly accurate, tracks steps, distance, time and is reasonably priced. Suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper, it tracks distance, time, and maps you with GPS. It's free.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I use endomondo, it doesn't track steps though. Not sure if any of the "runner" apps do.
  • chrisrollins1
    Options
    Nike+ GPS works great with the iPhone.
  • tomlatimer
    tomlatimer Posts: 10
    Options
    Yeah recommend the Nike+ GPS for the iPhone aswell
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I used digifit tonight, its not really a pedometer, but it will give you the distance walked and calories burned.
  • MrsSamB
    MrsSamB Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Viaden Mobile Pedometer Free + GPS. Tracks steps and works well. Not to mention the great price... free!

blessings,
    sam
  • miKACKsh
    miKACKsh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use endomondo, it doesn't track steps though. Not sure if any of the "runner" apps do.

i also use this app .. i love it ! you can track a bunch of different things as well you can input your own manually ... it would be even better if it updated to MFP the same way it does to FB
  • stephraposo
    stephraposo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Nike+ GPS. :)
    A little pricey since you have to buy the shoes and tracker. But a good reason to get new shoes :)
  • znjsmum
    znjsmum Posts: 1
    Options
    Mapmywalk is free and it works on the iPhone, Android and Blackberry. It shows duration, distance, pace, speed, elevation, calories burned, and route traveled on a map (using GPS). You create an account online so it can save your records to their website. http://www.mapmywalk.com/
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this, been thinking this for a while myself. Currently downloading mapmywalk onto my phone now :-)
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo for bike riding. My daughter told me about Mapmywalk but I haven't tried it yet. I don't take my phone with me as much on my walk. The last time I did I dropped it and shattered the glass.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I use runtastic and I love it. You can use it for any activity like running, walking biking, etc. It measures your distance, pace, calories burned, draws a little map of your route and uploads it to the website to track you training and progress.

ETA: They have a "pro" version for like $1.99 but I use the free version
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I use sports tracker its fantastic and yes free but it tracks you with gps and there are all types of training and it gives you your steps cals and a whole lot more have a look and see what you think and if you want to add a heart rate monitor you can
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this! currently downloading endomondo :happy:
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Mapmywalk is great and FREE...try it out first and see if ya like it :)
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have the iphone and I use the Pedometer Pro by Arawella Corp. There is a free version and you can upgrade to the pro for like $2.99. It tracks Steps, distance, Calories, Time speed and average speed. It has other features as well. Good luck with your search.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I use Jog Tracker and I love it! It gives pretty close calorie burn info to my HRM, usually within 30-40 calories. It will map where you go, the mileage, time, pick if you're walking or jogging, and it has a GPS showing where you've walked/jogged. It's free, too.
  • alinakaras
    alinakaras Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Viaden Pedometer app for iPhone - it counts steps, laps, calories, distance, speed etc. You can set your own goals and track results.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Nike+ GPS. :)
    A little pricey since you have to buy the shoes and tracker. But a good reason to get new shoes :)

I don't think you actually have to buy the shoes, I think (looking at the website) that there is a little "tag" thing that you lace into your shoes (could be wrong though, never bought one) :D
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have an Android and I use TeknoHeath Pedometer. Short, simple, and to the point.