Protein Powder Recommendation

Options
Vodkha
Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
I know that if you are eating healthy foods and are eating adequate amounts of protein you probably don't need to supplement too much with a protein powder. I also know that protein powders can be iffy on taste and can vary greatly between brands. I supplement because I am not a huge meat eater and I just thought a thread regarding what different powders we all liked might be beneficial to those confused by all the options out there.

My first recommendation is for Optimum Nutrition Mocha Cappuccino. Mix it with a bit of milk and ice, blend, and you have something that could very easily pass for an iced coffee. Very good.

Anyone else?

Replies

• gymgurlie
    gymgurlie Posts: 2
    Options
    I LOVE Click Espresso Protein Powder.... It doesn't have any protein powder taste in it! Here is the website: http://drinkclick.com/
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I've tried to get away from whey protein because it hurts my stomach. I bought some plant protein and it doesn't taste as good but my stomach feels much much better. I just mix it in my morning oatmeal with some peanut butter and soy milk.
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Adanced Muscle Building Protein - Milk Chocolate

I mix it with water the majority of the time and it still tastes great.
  • kdka54
    kdka54 Posts: 12
    Options
    GNC Amped Wheybolic 60. Two scoops rather than three. I think 40 grams is plenty as the body can only process so much protein at a time.
  • ladysteelhead
    ladysteelhead Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love the Syntax Nectar Chocolate Truffle powder! one scoop is 23g protein, and it tastes so good!
  • xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options
    I've tried to get away from whey protein because it hurts my stomach. I bought some plant protein and it doesn't taste as good but my stomach feels much much better. I just mix it in my morning oatmeal with some peanut butter and soy milk.

Again, I'll ask you for a second time, this time on a different thread; WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU DRINKING SOY MILK? You're a man, estrogen is the last thing a man should be ingesting, so seriously stop because you're hurting yourself...
  • ivis2012
    ivis2012 Posts: 1
    Options
    where did you buy the protein power shake?
  • xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options
    As for the thread question, any flavor made by BSN Syntha 6, I've never had a flavor that didn't taste amazing. It's more of a meal replacer though even though they advertise it as Whey protein.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Another vote for gaspari nutrition myofusion...any kind they all taste great and mix awesome even with water...trusted brand as well
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition chocolate coconut! I love it.
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump!

I can't find one that doesn't taste gross. I'm trying to find samples of different kinds.