Working Around Injuries???

Options
Ok... So it will probably make a little more sense if I give you guys a brief overview. In December I had a major hip surgery, I had my right hip bones shaved down and re-sculpted. I went through PT and regained my mobility and part of my strength (no where close to where I was pre-op). Since then I have been slowly getting back into running, the past 2 weeks my knee has been giving me a lot of pain and is super swollen- I must have pulled something! I am still wanting to get back into a regular WO routine and I don't want to lose the progress I have made with my hip. I am just wondering what you guys do to work around your injuries! What is some advice that you guys have for me as far as still getting in a good WO without aggravating the problem area and making it worse.
Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Your knee problem could be tied to your hip surgery. Are you still going to PT?
  • bkegurl36
    bkegurl36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am not going to PT anymore. I haven't been in probably 3 months. I was able to run for about a month without the knee pain but it just hit me like a brick about 2 weeks ago, which makes me think maybe I tore/pulled something!
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    maybe switch your focus to your upper body if you can - rowing or something? swimming might be an option too just to keep moving until you can put weight on your knee without pain.