Eating too little calories/

Options
Hello, I've been tracking my food and walking for a little more than a week, Maybe its been 2 weeks. I am not losing...yet. I somehow keep eating less than the 1200 calories it suggests I eat. Shouldnt' I be losing if I am eating less calories and working out?

:grumble:

Replies

• Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Actually, you're probably not eating enough! General recommendation is for women to eat a minimum of 1200 cals/day (1400 for men). If you don't eat enough, your body will react by going into a starvation mode and you won't lose. Keep up the exercise, but increase your calorie intake (MFP receommends you "eat back" you exercise calories, too)
  • Kgbrav
    Kgbrav Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks Vince, believe it or not that seems a little scary...but I'm gonna try!! do I increase my exercise to an hour. right now I am walking and "jogging" for a 1/2 hour?
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Thanks Vince, believe it or not that seems a little scary...but I'm gonna try!! do I increase my exercise to an hour. right now I am walking and "jogging" for a 1/2 hour?

It does seem scary upping calorie intake! However just give it a try for a week and see how you go :) It does sound as though you are in starvation mode - not good!
  • Sveid
    Sveid Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had that problem too! Then I realized it's okay to eat. :)

I still have issues usually getting over that 1200, so I've decided to add a protein shake right after my workout. I use a whey protein powder with a glass of milk. I don't mind the taste if it isn't completely mixed in, so I get my sweet tooth fix and add on an extra 250 calories or so. It's a good investment!